Before I upgrade to Reason 7.....
Hope this is the right place and hope this isnt a topic that hasn't been brought up....
...anyway I work with a production crew and as of right now we are all on 6.5 and I have been waiting on them so I can upgrade to 7 also (was able to play with it in beta testing and loved it!!) so we can all be compatible ...but I can wait no longer!! I would just like the capability to edit in 6.5 with them and do final mixes in 7.
Just a few things I need to confirm:
Would I still be able to go between Reason 6.5 and 7 if I load them in separate places and this not have a conflict with my ignition key or internet login? I am owner of Reason 6 and would upgrade from that but also have a limited/adapted license if need be to keep them separate
Would there also be a conflict with "soft license key?
Is there any possible way in the future they could make Reason where it could be backwards compatible at least to Reason 6 if not Record similar to Pro Tools?
Or am I pushing my luck?
...any feedback is greatly appreciated (I want R7 now) Thanks
You can't open Reason 7 files in previous versions so the best you could do is copy the final mix and rename it as final_mix_r7 or something like that.
I don't recommend waiting on Propellerhead making the files backward compatible...
Wrt the upgrade... upgrading from Adapted is $329 vs $129 from Reason 6/6.5...
What all of this means in a nutshell is that for your own projects, you can use Reason 7, and for collaboration projects, use Reason 6.5.
As for the licensing, if you have Reason 7 installed to your key, Propellerhead has stated in another post that the R7 license will authorize R6/6.5, so you should be able to run both with just Reason 7 installed to the key.... just install each version to its' own folder.
|All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:02.|