Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Close button should be a toggle (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=187418)

FrameLocker 2013-08-01 17:52

Close button should be a toggle

As long as a person composes music on the computer's keyboard, I'm sure Ctrl+E isn't a problem, but everything turns awkward when an instrument is placed in its natural position--in front of you. This displaces the computer's keyboard or moves a person far enough back from it that reaching for and finding Ctrl+E is a true irritation. A mouse can be easily placed next to you, the keyboard not so much.

Why isn't the button a toggle instead of being a one-way street?

nickmorgan19457 2013-08-01 19:22

Control + E only moved between edit and overview in the sequencer. That button is toggle.
Other than that, what?

FrameLocker 2013-08-01 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickmorgan19457 (Post 1365896)
Control + E only moved between edit and overview in the sequencer. That button is toggle.
Other than that, what?

Unless you're using version 7, you don't know that it isn't a toggle. When you're in edit mode, the close button is there. Click it to go out of edit mode, and there's no button whatsoever.

nickmorgan19457 2013-08-01 20:13

Well that's annoying. Pointless changes are evil.

FrameLocker 2013-08-01 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickmorgan19457 (Post 1365921)
Well that's annoying. Pointless changes are evil.

Yes, indeed.

Arsenic 2013-08-02 14:20

Through necessity, I have things set up so that I launch Reason from a batch file on my PC. This loads a small .exe file that maps the Ctrl+E keyboard command to the mouse wheel button and then launches Reason. I just dropped a shortcut to the batch file on the desktop.

All I have to do now is highlight the track and click the mouse wheel to get into edit mode and click again to get out.

FrameLocker 2013-08-02 15:38

I know it's such a seemingly small thing, and yet even though I started using version 7 the day it was launched, the lack of that simple toggle is still breaking my workflow.

A batch file is certainly a stopgap measure, but it seems such a sad necessity, doesn't it? :(

Arsenic 2013-08-02 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrameLocker (Post 1366363)
I know it's such a seemingly small thing, and yet even though I started using version 7 the day it was launched, the lack of that simple toggle is still breaking my workflow.

A batch file is certainly a stopgap measure, but it seems such a sad necessity, doesn't it? :(

The reason for me is due to disability. I no longer have full use of my left side, especially my arm/hand/fingers - which is a bitter blow to a bass player of nearly forty years.... :( and makes multiple key commands more than a little awkward.

At least this way, I can keep my mouse handy, and just press the mouse wheel to bounce in and out of edit mode to my hearts content.

FrameLocker 2013-08-02 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arsenic (Post 1366386)
The reason for me is due to disability...

My hat's off to you for your can-do attitude!