Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Trigger Blocks (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=190858)

jonthurmond 2013-08-19 05:47

Trigger Blocks

What I am interested in is something like triggering "blocks" in a live situation with an external controller (i.e. nanopad, launchpad, etc.) where you could define how it is quantized (to beat or measure). Similar to Abletons feature but more Reasonable.

This would be a separate block-type of function away from the current blocks. Maybe they could be called snapshots or Clips. Obviously you could export your own blocks and re-import them to Kong, but I want more pads and options. Using a larger pad like the Launchpad, you could even setup slicing and DJ style effects on separate trigger pads. Then you could remix your own songs or otherwise. I think it would raise the creativity/inspiration level...so many options on a remix to make it better than your original.

On that note, I would love to see a native bit-slicer similar to Izotopes Stutter Edit.

And lastly I would like Neptune to be improved...yea...just improved. Better. Ha. Less like T-Pain, more like Melodyne.

DaCapo 2013-08-19 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonthurmond (Post 1377491)
What I am interested in is something like triggering "blocks" in a live situation with an external controller (i.e. nanopad, launchpad, etc.) where you could define how it is quantized (to beat or measure). Similar to Abletons feature but more Reasonable.

This would be a separate block-type of function away from the current blocks. Maybe they could be called snapshots or Clips. Obviously you could export your own blocks and re-import them to Kong, but I want more pads and options. Using a larger pad like the Launchpad, you could even setup slicing and DJ style effects on separate trigger pads. Then you could remix your own songs or otherwise. I think it would raise the creativity/inspiration level...so many options on a remix to make it better than your original.

On that note, I would love to see a native bit-slicer similar to Izotopes Stutter Edit.

And lastly I would like Neptune to be improved...yea...just improved. Better. Ha. Less like T-Pain, more like Melodyne.

+1

https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...d.php?t=136193

JesseRyckman 2013-08-19 16:48

That would be an excellent feature, or something like this.

jonthurmond 2013-08-21 02:18

Yes DaCapo...I like what you had in mind!!! My idea is quite close to yours. What I want to see though is where you can also define "when" it triggers.

For example, I could have a "clip" or block that I setup to play ALL the way through (say 4 measures) or I could simply have a block that is 1 or 2 beats long and act more as a sample hit.

One other feature would be to make it polyphonic...in other words, play more than one clip at a time...this would be a separate parameter that could could change on a per clip/block basis (kinda like programming a high hat for open/close as one option, and the second have it playable with other clips.)

TinyNiceT 2013-08-21 13:21

+1

would be great, but maybe this could be done with a Rack Extention?

Kinz 2013-08-25 15:31

Certainly second the suggestion,I'm an avid and long time user of an Akai MPC4000,which i have always held onto because i love the sequencer workflow and have always used it in conjuntion with my hardware and flitted between that and Reason.

Since the introduction of external midi in R7 I find myself using the MPC less and less for sequencing as being able to run my hardware synths was important to my setup but the one thing that holds me off making it redundant completely is the fact that I like to build my tracks using patterns triggering them live and not stick to any formal song structure(at least not until I'm happy with the songs flow)I've stayed away from most software sequencers(other than Reason) as I never found a good enough system I was happy with that could replace the MPC workflow.

Ableton is great but I couldn't be bothered to spend time to learn a new software package especially when studio time is precious,when Props brought in Blocks that was a move in the right direction,but sadly there's no means to trigger multiple blocks in succession live other than to draw them in on the song pane,being able to trigger the blocks live would make a huge difference,if only Props could make a device(maybe in the same MPC/Kong pads cosmetics)where by you could assign block 1 to pad 1,block 2 to pad 2 etc,etc and fire them live from your controllor this is how I use the MPC building my songs sections(like blocks) and by assigning verse/chorus/breakdowns etc to the MPC pads,it allows me to create song structures in realtime by triggering them as I go..if blocks had this then I would be sad to say it but the MPC would be no longer required.

joseydeclaire 2013-08-25 20:00

+1

this feature request is an old one, but very welcome :)