Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Squeal - Electro/EDM/Club - mainly Antidote. (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=191035)

tincture 2013-08-23 00:12

Squeal - Electro/EDM/Club - mainly Antidote.

All Antidote apart from drums and one Predator.

Loading SoundCloud…

http://soundcloud.com/tincture-1/squeal

Just a bit of fun :)

tincture 2013-08-23 12:02

I should use the "Electro" tag on soundcloud more often ;)

scoobyman 2013-08-23 13:45

It is Electro. Nice work. I like the gated stuff, and the chopped up effect you used in the transitions. The metallic edge to the main keys, is almost on the edge of ouch. That might be the effect you are going for to emphasise the mellow parts.

JpPropellaed 2013-08-23 13:59

Arh Zac: what the hell is that sound that drops at 19 secs..the sequenced riff the one with the slight porta phraze? i really like that sound , would i be right in thinking its THOR or Possibly Malstrom or both / layered ! Nice little tune by the way & is there any chance of a patch of that SOUND :) if u say no ' ur banned from speaking to me :) hahah just kiddin Zac:

tincture 2013-08-23 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobyman (Post 1379353)
It is Electro. Nice work. I like the gated stuff, and the chopped up effect you used in the transitions. The metallic edge to the main keys, is almost on the edge of ouch. That might be the effect you are going for to emphasise the mellow parts.

Thanks for listening Matthew. I nearly didn't put this out but thought what the hell, it's a bit of fun. I know what you mean by "on the edge of ouch", I did try mellowing it out, but the track lives and dies on that sound and any softer and the track lost any meaning. The sound just about covers the whole spectrum so it is hard to get away from, but I guess it's a like it or hate it type of sound and song. It was quite nice to use Glitch in the Master Section for the gate break and the tape stop :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JpPropellaed (Post 1379357)
Arh Zac: what the hell is that sound that drops at 19 secs..the sequenced riff the one with the slight porta phraze? i really like that sound , would i be right in thinking its THOR or Possibly Malstrom or both / layered ! Nice little tune by the way & is there any chance of a patch of that SOUND :) if u say no ' ur banned from speaking to me :) hahah just kiddin Zac:

Hi Jamie, it's Antidote with some BZR-1 RE modulation of the Pitch and Filter Cut Off and 4 LFO doing some other modulations. I'll post a combi of it here in a while. Thanks for listening :)

tincture 2013-08-23 15:57

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the combi. Apart from the above mentioned REs it also uses the RE-2A but that's not really needed it just took a bit of edge off. It has some CV splitters that you might not need. They were there to feed the Pitch Modulator to another Pad synth and also to feed the Arp Note and Gate data to other synths. I used the REvolt RE to switch that data on and off so you don't really need that RE either.

If you use it, let me know, I'd like to hear what you do with it.

JpPropellaed 2013-08-23 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by tincture (Post 1379395)
Here's the combi. Apart from the above mentioned REs it also uses the RE-2A but that's not really needed it just took a bit of edge off. It has some CV splitters that you might not need. They were there to feed the Pitch Modulator to another Pad synth and also to feed the Arp Note and Gate data to other synths. I used the REvolt RE to switch that data on and off so you don't really need that RE either.

If you use it, let me know, I'd like to hear what you do with it.

Hey Cheer's Zac: nice one :)

tincture 2013-08-23 16:41

Happy to share it. I'd be interested to take a peek at one of your Reason files sometime, maybe the Revival one? as you certainly get some very nice mixes.

tincture 2013-08-24 08:24

Spam bump :)

mastertonyd 2013-08-24 18:15

I like the 80's sound you've got goin' on here!