Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Gold Dinosaur/EDM, Hard Electro (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=191068)

Spectrephonic 2013-08-23 20:40

Gold Dinosaur/EDM, Hard Electro

Around April this year I wanted to get going with a new and fresh project or group and decided to do this with a very close friend of mine to see if we could create some alternative EDM or harder Electro. We're taking this serious and try to get an EP out soon. This song is the first that is finished.

I'd like you to listen to it and maybe share your thoughts.

Loading SoundCloud…

pilot 2013-08-23 20:57

-edit- removed

Spectrephonic 2013-08-23 21:01

Great input thanks. A shorter version is something that I did not think of before, makes sense!

Glad you liked it and played it loud :)

gibbzz1 2013-08-23 22:07

Very unique sound it is long but there is plenty going on in the arrangement to keep it interesting 6:30 onwards is the stronger half for me love that digital sound switching between the speakers from 7:18 to around 8:08. is this mastered? just wondering as i'm trying to get my own stuff sounding better!!

Spectrephonic 2013-08-23 22:23

Glad you like it that much! Other songs are lot shorter, this one is really an exception.

Yes I mastered it, I use Ozone 5 for that (not the RE) but not much going on except a limiter to get it louder. I want the mix to sound great before mastering so I basically only use a the limiter of Ozone.

stratatonic 2013-08-24 06:46

That's pretty cool stuff dude. I really like how heavy it gets at times - starting at 2:40. Also starting at just past the eight minute mark - love that riff!
The warped cello section at 7:19 is cool - however, the breaks and jabs into alternate left and right speakers is jarring - especially through headphones. It's like it's just too dry on the opposite side. Maybe just a touch of reverb (or something) to offset the pan somewhat.
Nice work.:)

Lunesis 2013-08-24 08:05

Sounds great in my headcans, BD really has a nice thump. That scratchy bass arp is cool too, it's kind of like techno but with a gas mask. I can also hear some of your metal influences in the progression and rhythm, but still electronic. Very cool.

Spectrephonic 2013-08-24 10:48

Thanks guys for the nice words! Do you think this song needs vocals? Would you like to see more songs like this and would it work as an album?

Quote:

Originally Posted by stratatonic (Post 1379789)
the breaks and jabs into alternate left and right speakers is jarring - especially through headphones. It's like it's just too dry on the opposite side. Maybe just a touch of reverb (or something) to offset the pan somewhat.
Nice work.:)

I'll experiment with that, thanks.

Lunesis 2013-08-24 17:17

It's a cool fusion of styles, just keep the length down a bit.

JpPropellaed 2013-08-24 17:59

Wow what a Freakin great opening Spect ;) i really like the sound of that layered Bass riff' am i hearing 512-Vocoder blended with the B_line? sure sounds like it ;) what ever it is, its a well tightend-up sound & very punchy: nice kit work too , i guess thats to be expected ;) lol weird riffs & Glitchy bitz @ 7.30: i gave it the whole 12.30... you know thats a hell of a long tune: good job iam packin some BUD ;)