Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   FX Question (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=191725)

RoyceStone 2013-09-04 17:02

FX Question

I was wondering how can I use something like a Low Pass/Phaser type of FX on one section of my song? Its the break down of the song at the end, and I want to be able to filter that whole section. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate the help!

Thanks Reason Family,

Manslick 2013-09-04 17:32

Export the whole song. Start new file, import song. Apply effect at the moment.

jengstrom 2013-09-04 17:46

You could make a Combinator with a mixer and the filter + phaser inside, and arrange one of the Combi-knobs to be a Dry/Wet control for the effect.

Then you can route that Combi for example before/after your Mastering Suite at the Master Section Insert Effects, or between the Master Section and the Hardware Interface.

jzquantum 2013-09-04 19:02

If in version 7, you could route every track you want effect to a bus, then use insert effects on that single bus. automate as necessary to bring effect in and out.

RoyceStone 2013-09-04 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by jzquantum (Post 1384745)
If in version 7, you could route every track you want effect to a bus, then use insert effects on that single bus. automate as necessary to bring effect in and out.

Thanks so much! This was very helpful

RoyceStone 2013-09-04 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by jengstrom (Post 1384715)
You could make a Combinator with a mixer and the filter + phaser inside, and arrange one of the Combi-knobs to be a Dry/Wet control for the effect.

Then you can route that Combi for example before/after your Mastering Suite at the Master Section Insert Effects, or between the Master Section and the Hardware Interface.

Thanks! I'm going to look up some tutorials on how to do it. This was very helpful!!

RoyceStone 2013-09-04 22:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manslick (Post 1384708)
Export the whole song. Start new file, import song. Apply effect at the moment.

Thanks a lot!

phasys 2013-09-04 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyceStone (Post 1384690)
I was wondering how can I use something like a Low Pass/Phaser type of FX on one section of my song? Its the break down of the song at the end, and I want to be able to filter that whole section. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate the help!

Thanks Reason Family,

Put the effect as in insert effect on the Master output. Then use automation to switch it on/off and modulate it.

selig 2013-09-05 03:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by phasys (Post 1384868)
Put the effect as in insert effect on the Master output. Then use automation to switch it on/off and modulate it.

^^this^^. :-)

RoyceStone 2013-09-05 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by phasys (Post 1384868)

I did as you said and I still didn't achieve what I am looking for. However, when I took the master out and ran it into the input of the Glitch RE and then ran the out of the Glitch RE into the Audio input I got what I was looking for but with one problem, the FX now covers the whole song and I only want it to work on certain instruments. What would you suggest I do?