Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   progressive psy trance R.E (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=191798)

plute 2013-09-05 21:56

progressive psy trance R.E

hi i was wondering weather there is a particular rack extension you find usefull for producing trance music.
i have been producing progressive psy trance for a while now.like such artists as neelix day din kularis and genereally the spin twist records groove.

but i feeling thor has a very specific sound as all synths do and am looking to venture in to one of the rack extensions.

so which rack extension will i be finding most usefull as a psy producer..

many thanks.

eXode 2013-09-05 21:59

There's plenty of options for your style of music. I'd take a look at the following synths in particular:

Predator
ONE
Antidote

All three are still based on traditional subtractive synthesis but imho they all deliver a different flavor (or character) thanks to their filters and/or oscillators.

charlycharlzz 2013-09-06 01:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by plute (Post 1385326)
hi i was wondering weather there is a particular rack extension you find usefull for producing trance music.
i have been producing progressive psy trance for a while now.like such artists as neelix day din kularis and genereally the spin twist records groove.

but i feeling thor has a very specific sound as all synths do and am looking to venture in to one of the rack extensions.

many thanks.

you should use your 30 days trials on everything you can :) then choice will be calibrated to the right option but harder to take :)

plute 2013-09-08 00:53

Thanks exode will now decided which one.so far robs synth is doin it for me .just found a the soft tube eq and the accompany each other beautifully.im getting near as exactly what I want.

phasys 2013-09-08 00:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by plute (Post 1385326)

many thanks.

Dude really. For trance? Subtractor (bass) and Malstrom (weird shit and sweeps) are all you need.

Benedict 2013-09-08 02:14

I'm pretty well with Phasys as lots of Trance has been made with Subtractor alone. You do know that the guy behind that is the guy behind the Nord Lead so not a synth to be underestimated (as even I have done).

Predator is a massive synth and easy in amny ways s not a bad option, esp if you are a preset man.

:)

DIGITUS 2013-09-08 10:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benedict (Post 1386467)
I'm pretty well with Phasys as lots of Trance has been made with Subtractor alone. You do know that the guy behind that is the guy behind the Nord Lead so not a synth to be underestimated (as even I have done).)

I did not know that! Interesting... :)

EricBom 2013-09-08 10:30

I'm just rediscovering the Subtractor.
Saw the price of ONE and couldn't afford it myself. So... Back to basics! :)

plute 2013-09-26 10:36

every synth has its own character so i am trying to keep that character.subtractor is o.k but still not as powerful as i would like the bassline i try to recreate never sounds deep or wide full enough .no matter how much e.q i do it doesnt matter compression effects ect..

i think the top and bottom of it is the synth does n ot supply the basics i need to create this very particular sound..

so i resorted to vst. i am happy now with the product.