Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   All in one hoax (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=192459)

Nophace 2013-09-18 06:39

All in one hoax

Why no real midi input. I could even go for a third party software. The midi ox trick is a joke.

I convinced a friend to switch from protools and then he can't open his midi files in reason seven or successfully record 16 simultaneous midi tracks .
Im feeling jipped. Can you help me?

Is any one else feeling the pain.

BonezMcCoy 2013-09-18 07:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nophace (Post 1391522)
Why no real midi input. I could even go for a third party software. The midi ox trick is a joke.

I convinced a friend to switch from protools and then he can't open his midi files in reason seven or successfully record 16 simultaneous midi tracks .
Im feeling jipped. Can you help me?

Is any one else feeling the pain.

First off, ProTools and Reason serve different purposes, why anyone would drop PT for Reason is beyond my understanding. Your friend can continue using PT with Reason rewired into it.

There IS real MIDI input, why do you need a third party app? If you are trying to send MIDI from one app to the other, then you need a MIDI interface, hard or soft, just like you need MIDI cables to send MIDI from one hardware device to another. Please explain in detail what you are trying to accomplish so people can help you.

Grumbleweed 2013-09-18 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonezMcCoy (Post 1391537)
First off, ProTools and Reason serve different purposes, why anyone would drop PT for Reason is beyond my understanding. Your friend can continue using PT with Reason rewired into it.

There IS real MIDI input, why do you need a third party app? If you are trying to send MIDI from one app to the other, then you need a MIDI interface, hard or soft, just like you need MIDI cables to send MIDI from one hardware device to another. Please explain in detail what you are trying to accomplish so people can help you.

A user for 10 years and one post in the forum to complain how Reason works. Sweet.

Grum.

BonezMcCoy 2013-09-18 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumbleweed (Post 1391600)
A user for 10 years and one post in the forum to complain how Reason works. Sweet.

Grum.

Blimey! I was sure it said 2013! Gotta have me ol' eyes checked...

OMOMs 2013-09-18 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nophace (Post 1391522)
or successfully record 16 simultaneous midi tracks.

why would anyone do this?
Unless you want to record 16 different MIDI tracks, (like a MIDI Orchestra live performance) You should really be fine using a combinator, or an RPG-8 and CV splitters.

zeebot 2013-09-18 21:44

Where do we begin with this thread?

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/cient...io-6599521.jpg

Nophace 2013-09-20 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonezMcCoy (Post 1391537)

Hey thanks for your reply. But let me clear something for you.I haven't had an issue with reason until now.i rewired. Sometimes I got wired while rewiring. But thats another story.
Skip pro tools. Reason is suppose to be stand alone nowadays. So if there is a way to send multiple midi tracks FROM HARDWARE at the same time on separate tracks explain it to me. Im not interested in protools. Apple switched os and the pro tools has to be upgraded. We bought R7 because of the midi hype. So again can reason simultaneously record midi 8-16 midi tracks?

BonezMcCoy 2013-09-20 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nophace (Post 1392573)
Hey thanks for your reply. But let me clear something for you.I haven't had an issue with reason until now.i rewired. Sometimes I got wired while rewiring. But thats another story.
Skip pro tools. Reason is suppose to be stand alone nowadays. So if there is a way to send multiple midi tracks FROM HARDWARE at the same time on separate tracks explain it to me. Im not interested in protools. Apple switched os and the pro tools has to be upgraded. We bought R7 because of the midi hype. So again can reason simultaneously record midi 8-16 midi tracks?

The MIDI "hype" was about Reason finally implementing MIDI-output, where Reason sends MIDI instructions to hardware. You state you want to accomplish the opposite.

Now let's clarify things, if you are using a hardware sequencer, for example, and want to control Reason's devices with it, take a look at the manual chapter about the External Control Bus and the Hardware Interface.

Erikstotle 2013-09-20 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nophace (Post 1392573)

Yes, it can but cannot do loop recorded midi, it will just add to the looped track not make a separate loop. If I understand the question?

Just arm the midi tracks with your chosen controller keyboard, etc.

Kisai2 2013-09-20 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeebot (Post 1391812)
Where do we begin with this thread?

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/cient...io-6599521.jpg

Hahahah Dying at this pic!