Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Write problem (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=193039)

kandoo 2013-09-30 05:26

Write problem

Anyone know why when I try to save my work I get a pop up stating,"OPERATION CAN NOT BE COMPLETED BECAUSE OF A WRITE PROBLEM."
I'm using a 2 year old iMac with Snow Leopard OS n the latest version of Reason...

Thanks

BonezMcCoy 2013-09-30 06:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by kandoo (Post 1396301)
Anyone know why when I try to save my work I get a pop up stating,"OPERATION CAN NOT BE COMPLETED BECAUSE OF A WRITE PROBLEM."
I'm using a 2 year old iMac with Snow Leopard OS n the latest version of Reason...

Thanks

Huh? Snow Leopard is not supported. Reason 7, the latest version, requires Lion or above. Could this be the problem?

gwynebiau 2013-09-30 06:36

If could be a hard drive problem, so if you don't already have backups you should think about making some. It could also be a permissions problem though...try saving in a different location, even in an external drive if you have one available, and if that works then try to figure out if the permissions on the original location were set so you couldn't write there.

kandoo 2013-09-30 16:56

gwynebiau

Thx for ur input n I stand corrected in that I am using Lion," I forgot that I upgraded when getting reason7." :) lol
I'll look into the permission settings...
GOOD NEWS!!!...It turns out that it was a HD permission issue...Don't knw why that happened since I didn't change anything there since getting the computer...

Anyway thx Again :)
Kandoo

kandoo 2013-09-30 21:39

BonzeMcCoy

Thx for ur input :)
I stand corrected in that I am using Lion...
Found out that I had a HD permission issue, funny though, because, I never changed the settings since setting myself up as the Administrator???
Seems the computer took me off as it's Adm..."Wow"
Thx again...

Cheers
Kandoo

BonezMcCoy 2013-09-30 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by kandoo (Post 1396579)
BonzeMcCoy

Thx for ur input :)
I stand corrected in that I am using Lion...
Found out that I had a HD permission issue, funny though, because, I never changed the settings since setting myself up as the Administrator???
Seems the computer took me off as it's Adm..."Wow"
Thx again...

Cheers
Kandoo

Glad to know you got it sorted out.

Cheers!

rickblackdog 2013-10-02 14:01

you should run disk utility often (it's in Applications > Utilities) and run repair. It fixes permissions across the OS, makes things like this smoother.

jamesmiles 2013-10-03 07:37

My permissions get bungled when running software updates, or adding new applications. I think Repair Disk Permissions has become as common as taking the trash out!

All I can figure is, some files are carrying over permissions from the machine they're compiled on. Anyone know if this idea has any merit?

Handy little reminder to back your s#!+ up. Glad you got it solved.