Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Vote for most needed features - Reason 8 (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=193394)

JesseRyckman 2013-10-08 05:06

Vote for most needed features - Reason 8

Vote for your most wanted feature additions for the next Reason upgrade. I didn't list SDK, because that would be too easy.

DrummahBoy 2013-10-08 06:14

Nice Poll man. Right now it looks like folks really want:

- Audio to Midi
- An Updgraded Browser
- and Video Support.

If all I get is the first two. I'd be really happy with my Reason 7.5 purchase.

ProfessaKaos 2013-10-08 09:56

I want them all equally so I can't vote

OMOMs 2013-10-08 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessaKaos (Post 1399255)
I want them all equally so I can't vote

ditto!
can you make the poll, so we can select more than one?
the only thing I don't want on that list (would be nice but is not important) is the 3D rack...

MarcSwing 2013-10-08 10:37

1. Browser upgrade (includes drag and drop)
  2. Reason as a rewire master or a vst re/wraper (so you can use vst in reason)
  3. Audio to midi
  4. Audio pitch correction
  5. Sequencer upgrade (markers, groups, track freeze, timeline modes, multi-track edit view)
  6. Mixer upgrade (collapsible groups, multiple spectrum analyzers)
  7. Pitch to tempo (like the time stretch future but you pitch the sample to tempo instead)

deankay 2013-10-08 13:40

I voted for sequencer upgrades, but I truly believed that those would be implemented in Reason 7. Now I know these polls and entire feature suggestion forum is in fact pointless regarding listening to the community and implementing the much requested features.

Just shut the FSF down, it's starting to resemble a slap in the face.

"Reinforcing my assumption that they just sit around and laugh at us for taking this product so seriously." - Lunesis

BonezMcCoy 2013-10-08 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by deankay (Post 1399304)
I voted for sequencer upgrades, but I truly believed that those would be implemented in Reason 7. Now I know these polls and entire feature suggestion forum is in fact pointless regarding listening to the community and implementing the much requested features.

Just shut the FSF down, it's starting to resemble a slap in the face.

"Reinforcing my assumption that they just sit around and laugh at us for taking this product so seriously." - Lunesis

Well, I understand the frustration, but haven't they recently implemented the exact five most requested features in the history of Reason?
  • Audio tracks
  • MIDI output
  • ReCycle functionality integration(well, some of it)
  • Spectral Analyser
  • Third-party plugin support (not AU/VST, but the feature is there)

BonezMcCoy 2013-10-08 13:55

Edit: make it six most requested features and add pitch correction (Neptune).

deankay 2013-10-08 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonezMcCoy (Post 1399312)
Well, I understand the frustration, but haven't they recently implemented the exact five most requested features in the history of Reason?
  • Audio tracks
  • MIDI output
  • ReCycle functionality integration(well, some of it)
  • Spectral Analyser
  • Third-party plugin support (not AU/VST, but the feature is there)

...and more.

One thing I didn't understand people crying over was having groups, because I believed we already had them. It took a bit of routing and a minute or two to create. But now that we have them and the way that they work...they have made my life so much better, with their ease of use, the time saved and the functionality. I couldn't do without it now.

So it has really made me think about all the features that would make this app better for me to use. I mean, the level that this product could be taken to is so high. I'm just a bit confused about why such basic features haven't been taken care of.

adfielding 2013-10-08 14:46

And, I believe, a Combinator-esque device was requested prior to R3, along with more EQ/compression options, which we got in the form of the MClass devices with R3 also.