Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Global filter (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=193791)

maxrussell 2013-10-15 17:02

Global filter
 
What technique is best for a global filter on all channels - I don't think I'm looking for a send, rather a means of doing low pass/high pass across all or selected channels?

TresReFill 2013-10-15 17:13

Select all the channels & Route them to the new Bus & use SSL Filters on that new Bus!

There are lots of other things you can do like add any filter on Master Section, but I love this Bus thingy more!

VillaNDubstep 2013-10-15 17:16

Insert a filter in the Master (insert) section. I like pulveriser for basic filtering and colouring.
Or alternatively send all the tracks you want filtering to a new group bus (if you're on reason 7) and then you can apply any insert effects or SSL before the master section.

TresReFill 2013-10-15 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by VillaNDubstep (Post 1402771)
Insert a filter in the Master (insert) section. I like pulveriser for basic filtering and colouring.
Or alternatively send all the tracks you want filtering to a new group bus (if you're on reason 7) and then you can apply any insert effects or SSL before the master section.

No way! :D

VillaNDubstep 2013-10-15 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by TresReFill (Post 1402773)
No way! :D

Way way ;)

sh73888 2013-10-16 22:49

this is a good idea. i am going to try this tonight just to confirm you can route multiple track channels into one (1) new track and employ the SSL LPF/HPF filter thereafter.

Not sure i can visually picture how i am going to be routing though - the ssl does not afford tab-mode cable routing.

sh73888 2013-10-16 22:49

this is a good idea too, far less appealing than the first though lol ....

TresReFill 2013-10-16 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by sh73888 (Post 1403394)
this is a good idea. i am going to try this tonight just to confirm you can route multiple track channels into one (1) new track and employ the SSL LPF/HPF filter thereafter.

Not sure i can visually picture how i am going to be routing though - the ssl does not afford tab-mode cable routing.

You don't need to confirm anything mate, just go to the Mixer press Ctrl + A then RMB on any channel & Route all the channels to the new Bus! :D

maxrussell 2013-10-25 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by TresReFill (Post 1402770)
Select all the channels & Route them to the new Bus & use SSL Filters on that new Bus!

There are lots of other things you can do like add any filter on Master Section, but I love this Bus thingy more!

Can you screenshot that routing at all? Trying to picture it!

maxrussell 2013-10-25 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by VillaNDubstep (Post 1402771)
Insert a filter in the Master (insert) section. I like pulveriser for basic filtering and colouring.
Or alternatively send all the tracks you want filtering to a new group bus (if you're on reason 7) and then you can apply any insert effects or SSL before the master section.

how global would that be though. I want, basically, the filter to apply on everything at once - so I can filter out frequency at the same time across everything in my mix...


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:38.