Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The full spectrum of tab colours (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=193808)

nix808 2013-10-15 23:10

The full spectrum of tab colours

I'd appreciate a full range of colours dialog for tabs.
The defaults are too saturated and don't include shades.
Pleases with hundred and thousands and vanilla ice-cream? hehe

LastAlternative 2013-10-16 08:55

We do need more colors. A color wheel or pallet box would be greatly appreciated. Then Remark and Wbl3001 would need to be updated!

N03L 2013-10-22 00:50

Here here. Such a theoretically simple thing. Maybe I'm not seeing the complexity but...

standbyghost 2013-10-22 20:57

Do it.

I want it ALL! I want to be able to shade my Combinators, too!

With a color wheel picker thing AND the option to save the favorites.

Mijaa 2013-10-23 15:37

+1 on this!

nickmorgan19457 2013-10-23 17:56

More colors would be good, but a color wheel would be more annoying to me than helpful. 6 or so shades of the 6 colors plus white would be better. Too many options could just become another little distraction.
I would like to see the text color change from black to white with the darker shades, though.

standbyghost 2013-10-23 18:06

a compromise

Here's an idea that allows the best of both worlds ('full-optional color wheel' versus 'palette').

Have an 'appearance' frame in the preferences window (dialog) that allows you to choose (via 'color wheel') the gamut of hues that will appear in your palette.

Also, an option to decide the behavior of text coloring in some manner - perhaps, either a set color for the text (one single choice) or a selectable range of options.

...And I'm gonna keep pushing the notion of letting us 'shade' the combinators. They are already basically no color at all... Why not let us dampen them with shades?

Ligumo 2013-10-23 18:38

I'd like to see some nice tartans, with several clans represented.

LastAlternative 2013-10-24 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickmorgan19457 (Post 1406408)
More colors would be good, but a color wheel would be more annoying to me than helpful. 6 or so shades of the 6 colors plus white would be better. Too many options could just become another little distraction.
I would like to see the text color change from black to white with the darker shades, though.

Welp, Photoshop has a vast array of colors (and the ability to make custom colors) and this does not cause a distraction; it enhances creativity. I don't feel Reason needs the ability to make custom colors but the basic color pallet of Photoshop sort of thing would be nice in Reason and, I believe, would enhance our comfort and creativity to be able to customize with more options to make ourselves happy. For me, the act of organization, coloring tracks, labeling, etc. is all a part of the art of making music in Reason.
Some folks may not want or need this but the point cannot be argued towards everyone else.

nickmorgan19457 2013-10-24 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by torusflow (Post 1406639)
Welp, Photoshop has a vast array of colors (and the ability to make custom colors) and this does not cause a distraction; it enhances creativity. I don't feel Reason needs the ability to make custom colors but the basic color pallet of Photoshop sort of thing would be nice in Reason and, I believe, would enhance our comfort and creativity to be able to customize with more options to make ourselves happy. For me, the act of organization, coloring tracks, labeling, etc. is all a part of the art of making music in Reason.
Some folks may not want or need this but the point cannot be argued towards everyone else.

That's a moronic comparison.