Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   ReDrum: any way to move imported slices? (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=53098)

phelme 2002-08-16 03:15

ReDrum: any way to move imported slices?

I hope someone can help me with this silly question.

So I imported a MIDI file into Reason, everything went great except for the drum parts. There are 10 "slices" to the drums. The slices are not incremental, ranging in Slice #8 to #45 and thus my problem. The four slices that are numbered 10 and below fall within those handled by ReDrum, but those higher are not. This may be obvious but I can't figure it out, how can I move/remap the imported slices so that ReDrum can handle all of them? Cut and paste doesn't work; no way to paste a slice on a different part that I can see. Would this be better handled by Dr.Rex?

The MIDI drums I imported are based on standard drum mappings so I thought this would be automatic, guess not. ;-)

drumyon 2002-08-16 08:32

slices?? In redrum?

:So I imported a MIDI file into Reason, everything went great except for the drum parts. There are 10 "slices" to the drums. The slices are not incremental, ranging in Slice #8 to #45 and thus my problem. The four slices that are numbered 10 and below fall within those handled by ReDrum, but those higher are not. This may be obvious but I can't figure it out, how can I move/remap the imported slices so that ReDrum can handle all of them? Cut and paste doesn't work; no way to paste a slice on a different part that I can see. Would this be better handled by Dr.Rex?
:

Im not understanding what you mean by "slices"?

Does "slice" == midi part ? (i.e. kick, Hat, tom, snare, etc...)

jessekrebs 2002-08-16 11:43

Re: ReDrum: any way to move imported slices?

:I hope someone can help me with this silly question.
:
:So I imported a MIDI file into Reason, everything went great except for the drum parts. There are 10 "slices" to the drums. The slices are not incremental, ranging in Slice #8 to #45 and thus my problem. The four slices that are numbered 10 and below fall within those handled by ReDrum, but those higher are not. This may be obvious but I can't figure it out, how can I move/remap the imported slices so that ReDrum can handle all of them? Cut and paste doesn't work; no way to paste a slice on a different part that I can see. Would this be better handled by Dr.Rex?
:
:The MIDI drums I imported are based on standard drum mappings so I thought this would be automatic, guess not. ;-)

I think I get what you're talking about.

The Redrum has ten instruments (I think) numbered 1 through 10. Standard midi drum mapping assigns different percussion sounds (more than 10) to the keys of a midi keyboard. So of course there is no reason to expect a standard midi drum part to map to the Redrum correctly.

I think what you want to do is identify the note in the midi drum part that represents the kick drum, and move it to the Redrum note that triggers the kick drum. Obviously this would be very time consuming to do individually. Perhaps you could drag enclose all the C#s (or whatever) in the part and drag them all at once to the appropriate Redrum note. This would still take a while, but might be managable.

By 'slice' I assume you mean the horizontal 'slices' that represent the pitches of an instrument in edit view?

'Hope that helps.

phelme 2002-08-16 19:40

Re: ReDrum: any way to move imported slices?

By "slices" I meant the rows of notes/triggers that show up in the REX Lane panel.

Of course I didn't think to look in the Key Lane. *Duh* From there one can easily drag the notes to the correct key or in this case drum component.

thanks much!