Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   recording rewire audio (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=53214)

albertfox 2002-08-20 19:45

recording rewire audio

I was working on a project with Reason, Rewire, and Cubase (on the mac) and finally when everything was finished and polished, I wanted to export song as audio file. Much to my dismay, this feature was disabled as I was using Cubase through Rewire, along with Reason. Only problem was that I could only see and hear the audio in the VST mixer, but could not record it. I needed to run Cubase, too, because I had a tempo map that Reason needed to follow since I was scoring with a Quicktime movie.

Does anyone know how to record Rewire audio in Cubase? I tried and ultimately had to record to DAT (via spdif) reimport the audio and then burn a CD.

lancehayes 2002-08-20 20:48

Export Audio?

Did you try to export the audio from Cubase? If you are using VST 5 you can either:
in the menu - file - export audio
or
there is a button on the Master Mix for "export audio" right above the main meters.
Turn on dithering and noise shaping if you are exporting to a 16 bit file!
Reason ReWired inputs get exported along with any automation from Cubase!
Works for me every time.
Good luck,
- DJDM
DJDM's completely Reason based music

albertfox 2002-08-21 00:02

Re: Export Audio?

::Turn on dithering and noise shaping if you are exporting to a 16 bit file!
:Reason ReWired inputs get exported along with any automation from Cubase!
:Works for me every time.

Thanks!! Awesome! I thought it was odd that I couldn't "record" the audio and only see it. This solves getting audio to an AIFF, thanks.

Where is dithering and noise shaping? Is that the UV-22? found on the master channel strip?

I am also completely Reason based, or rather would be if Reason could sync to a QT file, have tempo and meter change capability, and had a time read out - like Cubase's big time. As it is now, there is no instant way of knowing that my :30 spot is really only :26 long, etc.

Thanks for the advice, I greatly appreciate it.

Albert Fox
Mutato Muzika
www.mutato.com

lancehayes 2002-08-21 02:06

Re: Export Audio?

":Where is dithering and noise shaping? Is that the UV-22? found on the master channel strip?"

Yep! It is that little button that says "Dither". Click that and make your settings in the pop up window. To be honest I only export as 24/44.1 files now as it allows for more flexibility down the road. I dither in Sound Forge 6.0 if I need a 16 bit file.

":I am also completely Reason based, or rather would be if Reason could sync to a QT file, "

I believe it can. Post your request on the board and some Applephile will probably be able to introduce you to a program that will allow it. I use Vegas Video and import the QT files that way for sync. Works for me!

- DJDM
DJDM's completely Reason based music