Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Why don' t Props make add on modules to expand Reason? (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=55256)

cindyr 2002-11-13 10:03

Why don' t Props make add on modules to expand Reason?

I do not quite understand why Props do not make modules where we the user can purchase and buy add on modules to expand Reason and make it more interesting..I think a Props code (like Steinberg did with VST) would be so cool..For example module one could be a Rebrth 3.0..This would make Rebrith as a internal instrument module like Redrum and have it all is one..Another could be a tape deck..another could be FX..It could be so endless and cool..Even if just Props could make and sell as add ons..

dannyrax 2002-11-13 10:22

I don't like this...

It would make change the very thing that make me like more and more Reason. The obligation you have to be inovative with little. Not that I think that Reason is a little program. In fact the only thing missing to me is a audio recording device. I think what we really do need to understand here is that good sounds and good music does not depend of how big your range of different component you can use but rather how good you are using it... Try to find ways to use the devices other than what they have made to be. And to really learn how to reach a good level of texture in your sound crafting. Now this is what we need. Not a plug in.

But it's my point of vue. You have the right to have yours...

Think of a program like Rebirth for example. It had less devices then this one and there's millions of cool and original songs out there. And a lot of musician like Chriss Vrenna and many others use it still...

D

dannyrax 2002-11-13 10:24

And in fact...

... it would simply make the program more expensive and you would still have to buy (again) other modules after it...

D

lucille 2002-11-13 10:31

Re: next best thing

I have never cared for subtractor, but I have been using some sampled synths in Reason. I've used
pink noise's Microwave Refill and the Nova refill from
Geert Goldstein. Both are excellent.

I personally would like to see a more dynamic
develper environment for Reason, with additional
modules.

cindyr 2002-11-13 12:56

Re: next best thing

To judt live with these synths gets a bit boring and sound gets too typical "REASON SOUND"..Samples and samplers are then only way to make something fresh

johna 2002-11-13 13:58

Re: I don't like this...

I find it amazing that there are so many complacent Reason users - almost stifling innovation and development because they find Reason perfect the way it is. I don't care how good you can get with the current Reason setup, some of us want something new - this is software, with no real limits.

:It would make change the very thing that make me like more and more Reason. The obligation you have to be inovative with little. Not that I think that Reason is a little program. In fact the only thing missing to me is a audio recording device. I think what we really do need to understand here is that good sounds and good music does not depend of how big your range of different component you can use but rather how good you are using it... Try to find ways to use the devices other than what they have made to be. And to really learn how to reach a good level of texture in your sound crafting. Now this is what we need. Not a plug in.
:
:But it's my point of vue. You have the right to have yours...
:
:Think of a program like Rebirth for example. It had less devices then this one and there's millions of cool and original songs out there. And a lot of musician like Chriss Vrenna and many others use it still...
:
:D

thral 2002-11-13 14:03

cauuuuse they don't feel like recoding it all again? n/t

cindyr 2002-11-13 14:36

Reason is brilliant

Reason is one of the best iinovations in audio history I would think..Kind of like the "Moog" on this decade..It has pushed muisc making into new horizons and easier for anyone now to make music..I am trying to put my ideas for input into a Reason 3.0 that could make this great idea go further where it could be more user friendly and more like a Virtual studio..where the user can choose his/her synths and buy (only if one wants) add on modules..in the same way VST and plugins work..But a module VSt platform made specifically for Reason..This could make your svirtual studio more like a REAL STUDIO..not just the same as your other 8 friends on Reason.This could put Reason into more Professional catagory where if one wants He/She could buy a Virtual tape deck,a space echoe, and so on..based on ones CPU power etc..OPEN YOUR MINDS...
Just think how interesting it could get..Why stay in a safe system with all the same stuff..This is what makes indivuality and things get more interesting..

thral 2002-11-13 15:17

Re: Reason is brilliant

:Reason is one of the best iinovations in audio history I would think..Kind of like the "Moog" on this decade..It has pushed muisc making into new horizons and easier for anyone now to make music..I am trying to put my ideas for input into a Reason 3.0 that could make this great idea go further where it could be more user friendly and more like a Virtual studio..where the user can choose his/her synths and buy (only if one wants) add on modules..in the same way VST and plugins work..But a module VSt platform made specifically for Reason..This could make your svirtual studio more like a REAL STUDIO..not just the same as your other 8 friends on Reason.This could put Reason into more Professional catagory where if one wants He/She could buy a Virtual tape deck,a space echoe, and so on..based on ones CPU power etc..OPEN YOUR MINDS...
:Just think how interesting it could get..Why stay in a safe system with all the same stuff..This is what makes indivuality and things get more interesting..

eh.. I'd say Reaktor/Generator has it beat for best app of the 1990s, heh. buuuuut... hm. Why don't you just use Cubase and VSTis?

DIGITUS 2002-11-13 15:22

Not a great idea.... :(

One of the best things about Reason is the way you can share your song creations exactly as you intended them to be heard. People are picky, and if you had a bunch of different sound modules floating about, not everyone would own each and everyone of them. Therefore, the ability to share songs in original Reason format would become complicated. It's already difficult enough with the variety of refills floating about. If you don't have the required refill, you can't listen to certain downloaded songs. I don't want this same issue because I don't own certain modules. What makes Reason great is that it's all right there in front of you. If you want the option of different modules, purchase Orion Pro, but leave my Reason alone.... :)