Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   A question for Reason and Sonar users? Audio Quality... (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=55809)

DjDarkside 2002-12-04 18:37

A question for Reason and Sonar users? Audio Quality...

I was wondering if anyone is experiencing the same problem as me, but maybe its not a problem...

I have this track i made in reason routed into sonar with no effects in reason at all, all the effects are in sonar. I notice that the sound in Sonar almost sounds echoy and almost too reverby. Has anyone else experienced this? If so what can you tell me that can fix this?

Darkside

alphalock 2002-12-04 20:57

Re: A question for Reason and Sonar users? Audio Quality...

What effects are you using and how? Are you running fxReverb through a bus? Pre/post? There are many reasons why this could happen.

: I have this track i made in reason routed into sonar with no effects in reason at all, all the effects are in sonar. I notice that the sound in Sonar almost sounds echoy and almost too reverby. Has anyone else experienced this? If so what can you tell me that can fix this?
:
:Darkside

DjDarkside 2002-12-04 21:07

AlphaLock!!!

well...im using fxreverb, compression, and eq. I have each channel from reason in its own channel in sonar. each track has its own eq and the drums and bass have compression. I also added some fxreverb to the pianos and slightly on the drums and bass. Its most likely the reverb doing this, right? But how do i set the reverb to give a slight amount of the effect? And on the eq..., do you have to adjust all the frequencies? I kno theres no set guide, but just wondering if all the frequncies need to be boosted or cut?

darkside...

johna 2002-12-04 21:56

Re: AlphaLock!!!

:are you aware of the concept of wet and dry mixtures or send and insert effects?

:well...im using fxreverb, compression, and eq. I have each channel from reason in its own channel in sonar. each track has its own eq and the drums and bass have compression. I also added some fxreverb to the pianos and slightly on the drums and bass. Its most likely the reverb doing this, right? But how do i set the reverb to give a slight amount of the effect? And on the eq..., do you have to adjust all the frequencies? I kno theres no set guide, but just wondering if all the frequncies need to be boosted or cut?
:
:darkside...

alphalock 2002-12-04 23:16

Darkside!!!

The boom and echo is probably a result of two things:

Your signal chain is not optimized or the reverb wetness is too high. This could be compounded by the use of different reverbs at the same time. Make sure your signal chain is correctly optimized by placing your compressor/eq before the reverb in the effects bins. BTW, why so many reverbs? Why not use an aux bus? Reverb is such a delicate thing, it makes us sound great in the shower but too much can ruin a recording. I also wonder how much compressing you have going, are you "squashing" the signals?

djmach3 2002-12-05 00:15

No offense but this is a strange thread......

Or am I missing the point?

Andy

DjDarkside 2002-12-05 01:11

ALPHALOCK!

i AM NOT TO SURE AS OF HOW TO USE THE COMPRESSOR. i DONT KNOW WHAT ALL THE SETTINGS DO. i JUST USE THE PRESETS. SO WHAT SHOULD I PUT IN THE AUX SEND? EQ/COMP AND REVERB? OR DO I STILL EQ AND COMPRESS EVERY TRACK INDIVIDUALLY?

DARKSIDE

DjDarkside 2002-12-05 01:12

NoNE TAKEN

MISSIN THE POINT...