Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   interviu, VSTi or not VSTi? this is the question (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=55812)

djinferno 2002-12-04 21:05

interviu, VSTi or not VSTi? this is the question

I propose to the propellerheads boys that make a survey in the web, on what people think, if they want VSTi or doesn't want, since it is the most polemic topic on reason, it would be a form of convincing so that they made compatible reason with VSTi, or to convince those that VSTi are not necessary ...

roland303 2002-12-04 21:14

*yawn* n/t

:I propose to the propellerheads boys that make a survey in the web, on what people think, if they want VSTi or doesn't want, since it is the most polemic topic on reason, it would be a form of convincing so that they made compatible reason with VSTi, or to convince those that VSTi are not necessary ...

mrtn 2002-12-04 21:19

Yo "D" wazzup?

Don't you have to play the new 256 that I get for X-mess?

How are they sounding?

(843)

roland303 2002-12-04 21:26

Yes, I was playing all through the night!

You will be very happy this christmas martin! those sounds have to be the best demonstration of what Absynth can do that I have heard yet, lots of really useful sounds :)

I will be playing again later today too, (so have fun and be good or else santa will give you a broken VSTi)

mrtn 2002-12-04 21:33

Re: Yes, I was playing all through the night!

I have to go to a boring birthday tonight where you sit next to 50 and 60 year old relatives of the birthdayboy and are not allowed to laugh out loud otherwise those fake teeth come flying at you.But the beer will wash away my uncomfortable feelings later on.

Have a goodnight spacing away into the Absynth realm where the glowball rules,

(843) (Still the exam is friday at 18.30 and I'm not that happy)

roland303 2002-12-04 22:05

Count yourself lucky!

I paid

blank 2002-12-04 22:10

Re: Sigh...

You're talking like this was a fresh topic. You think Props need to take a survey to discover that there's a demand for VST/VSTi support? You think they somehow "missed" this issue? Lord...

Reason will, most likely (and hopefully), never be redesigned to accept VST/VSTi plugins. Why?

1) As far as Props are concerned, this has already been fixed years ago when ReWire was conceived. People have been using VST FX on Props products for ages, since before Reason was released. You don't like it? Too bad for you.

2) Introducing VST/VSTi in Reason is not about doing ONE thing, it's about doing a thousand things and COMMITTING to doing another million things in the future. It's a "can of worms". All of a sudden Reason needs to be tested with hundreds of plugins. All of a sudden the developers need to follow the development of these plugins on all fronts, to make sure everything is working. All of a sudden you need to quadruple the tech support staff. This prospect is scaringly undesirable for someone who has followed the Props since the beginning.

3) Just because VSTi is a predominant format doesn't mean you're obliged to comply with it. You say the product is "incomplete". Did it say on the box that it was VST plug compliant...?

This is like starting a petition to force Apple to make their computers compatible with Windows. "Apple, you need to get your heads out of the sand and stop doing your own thing, look at the market, look at all these apps available for Windows but not for MacOS, don't you realize that you're selling computers with limited functionality and screwing your customers?? Go Windows NOW!!"

Use ReWire or stop whining.

/Fred