Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Record MIDI Automation to more than one device at a time (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=56918)

simonthought 2003-01-22 05:59

Record MIDI Automation to more than one device at a time

I don't know how much this has ever been brought up, but I really feel that this would be a simple thing to impliment.

Please Props, allow us this feature.

It seems so obvious.

Thank you

thral 2003-01-22 06:26

Re: Record MIDI Automation to more than one device at a time

:I don't know how much this has ever been brought up, but I really feel that this would be a simple thing to impliment.
:
:Please Props, allow us this feature.
:
:It seems so obvious.
:
:
:Thank you

It's been brought up a lot. I do not know why it was not put into 2.0. If the synths we get are kinda limited, let us play three at once! hehe

Also, being able to patch a matrix into more than one thing would be nice.

trinity3 2003-01-22 06:40

:Also, being able to patch a matrix into more than one thing would be nice.

Yeah...A CV/Gate splitter would be a cool addition to the rack...

thral 2003-01-22 06:48

::Also, being able to patch a matrix into more than one thing would be nice.
:
:Yeah...A CV/Gate splitter would be a cool addition to the rack...

And the fact that audio can be only routed one way sucks. If you are going to use a rack metaphore and make us scroll all over, make it worth our while and let us do what we can do in a real rack.

RejectedMusic 2003-01-22 07:17

There is a way to play three devices at once. You can not record on more than one at the time though...

Go to Preferences and set up your "Hardware Interface, Midi-outs"...?

Then in the actual Hardware interface, you can choose 4 different devices and play them at ones...

Think it will play the device with the Midi-icon beside it as well... That will be a total of 5 devices simultanues!!!!!!!

thral 2003-01-22 07:39

... I know that man, lol.

But its worthless if you can't record unless you feel like copying and pasting a lot.

JahRed 2003-01-22 08:30

::... I know that man, lol.
:
:But its worthless if you can't record unless you feel like copying and pasting a lot.

how about just making a duplacate track and then assigning to the other devices that you want the line to play.....

no copying or pasting....

thral 2003-01-23 18:42

:::... I know that man, lol.
::
::But its worthless if you can't record unless you feel like copying and pasting a lot.
:
:
:how about just making a duplacate track and then assigning to the other devices that you want the line to play.....
:
:no copying or pasting....

That's fine, but if you want to go back and edit something its a pain in the ass. Have to copy and paste the new edit.

Ogggy 2003-01-24 00:42

:That's fine, but if you want to go back and edit something its a pain in the ass. Have to copy and paste the new edit.

...very carefully to all instances. A pain.

C/V splitting is ESSENTIAL. Other programs, without the eyecandy GUI (love/hate), do it brainlessly/painlessly. Is it really that hard? They are thankfully so commited to stability, and maybe they're afraid of what we'd try to do with it. There must be a reason they haven't.

Still, it's just simply a prerequisite.