Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Please checkout my song and post what you think (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=58530)

AJTIV 2003-03-27 04:12

Please checkout my song and post what you think

Hey i am traAncE frEAk NYC and i just am dying to hear what all of you other artists havbe to say about my song, please respond soon, it rare that anyone ever responds to a post about a song i made.... so please just take like 1 minute out of your time to write a responce abou this

Dice125 2003-03-29 11:12

=(

Trance freak nyc eh? what part?

well anyway, this song honestly is not my type of trance at all...
i am a trance freak myself and i totaly didnt hear anything for a melody, just drums some rings. the mel was SUPER subliminal i could hardly hear it.

i would suggest to you to get a diff bass drum sound, add a mel, and a more deeper bassline.

PROS: the ending was nice! good choice of trancy sounds.

dice.s [ 125 ]

ChubStyle 2003-03-31 01:43

Re: Please checkout my song and post what you think

Good to know there are some trance freaks out there in the world besides me. Let me start by saying that I don't have any of the refills you used in the song, so there's a good chance there's a lot that I didn't get. Otherwise, the beat was okay, I think that that trance bass was a little too much, I tend to like it lower and more background, less fuzz. The rings were a nice touch, and I loved the ending too.
Oh, and you might think about using rex loops to thicken up the hi hats, I like the effect it has for stuff I write. If the loop you like already has bass in it, you can change the KBD mode to HP and the bass will dissappear. Remember, though, that I didn't have your refills, so there's plenty in your song I couldn't hear.
On a separate note, I'm gonna upload one of mine in a second, and I would love it if you'd take a listen and tell me what you think. It's the same name, chubstyle.

AJTIV 2003-03-31 03:57

hey guys, thank you very much for answering......

hey both of you who answered me, i thank you very much. ok so the guy with the smiley face gave me alot of critizism, even though you did, i like any kind of responce that will help me out with my music so thnx. and chub, thank you for responding to my post with comments. wee!!!!!!!

AJTIV 2003-03-31 04:13

cool song by the way........

yo its a cool song, i liked it but can you help me out by telling me how to make , get, find, or create those lil trancey sounds with some fuz and light light light dist. on them? i mean the ones in those trancey ravey fats dance songs?, well nayway, great song!

ChubStyle 2003-03-31 06:56

trancey sounds

:yo its a cool song, i liked it but can you help me out by telling me how to make , get, find, or create those lil trancey sounds with some fuz and light light light dist. on them? i mean the ones in those trancey ravey fats dance songs?, well nayway, great song!

Thanks man...I'm not real sure what you mean...I think of something like the sub patch rave lead from your description, but you might also check out the synth patches on the NN19. I'd also recommend downloading a couple of refills from the free section on this site at:
http://www.propellerheads.se/downloa...e_refills.html
I downloaded the 1001 Subtractor Patches ReFill and the Peff 001 - Subtractor Patches. There's a lot of cool synth sounds in those two refills. If your connection is fast enough, which mine isn't, you should try some of those other ones, especially the ReasonFan-DigitalLove one, I bet you could find a sound in there that works for you. Hope that helps.

ChubStyle

ChubStyle 2003-03-31 07:26

Re: trancey sounds

Yeah, I know I'm dumb. You already have these refills, don't you? Umm, maybe you could think of a song you know that's got s ound like you're looking for?