Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Springs was not a Troll (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=61163)

Ogggy 2003-06-06 15:32

Springs was not a Troll

Unless you mean because he loved Reaktor.

First, forgive me; I didn't have to live with him for years.

He started making music with ReBirth when he was a kid, and by one account, was here from about '98.

He was young and insanely arrogant, often preferring to brow-beat his answers into someone, or make them read between the lines. And sometimes he could be just brutal and cruel. He started many great threads, and "knew how to work a crowd". Too bad he didn't want to be a rock star!

It happens when you are young and are good. But make no mistake, he obviously loved this board. Some here were exasperated in their efforts to make him see the light, and he was as hell-bent on thwarting them as much as anything else. And then he went down guns blazing in a fit of self-destruction.

I hope he finds success soon. Don't you? Really? A string of failures can lead to even more self-destruction and well, me. I could read and write before I ever set foot in a school. Did a pretty good job of destroying the 'ol noggin, didn't I? Guano occurs.

I don't have a problem with his demonization here, and I'll bet he doesn't either (if he thinks about it a bit), but do not call him a Troll, that means something else entirely.

He was a one of a kind, no category. Actually, this board is filled with the type.

Oh yeah, one other thing should always be remembered when considering him. He was from NYC. I mean, have you ever been there? It ain't no Seinfeld episode.

-Oggy
Springs at his best

starburger 2003-06-06 15:47

Re: Springs was not a Troll

Hi!

I laughed a lot with some of his messages. I remember one parody of a "Reason wishlist" he made, wich was hilarious. I didn't get to see his self-destructive phase, so maybe I can't get a full picture of him.

I've been the Springs in some message boards and forums of the past... but now I know that it's the wrong place to be attention-seeking. The effort doesn't compensate the gratification you could get. And it's always risky to have people reading between the lines all the time, because you can get to meet people from some many cultures, social classes, perspectives, et al, and humour and thought-inducing boutades can end looking sadder than you expected. At best, you end like one of those "easy to admire, difficult to love" characters. At worst, you're banned.

I wish him the best, of course.

:Unless you mean because he loved Reaktor.
:
:First, forgive me; I didn't have to live with him for years.
:
:He started making music with ReBirth when he was a kid, and by one account, was here from about '98.
:
:He was young and insanely arrogant, often preferring to brow-beat his answers into someone, or make them read between the lines. And sometimes he could be just brutal and cruel. He started many great threads, and "knew how to work a crowd". Too bad he didn't want to be a rock star!
:
:It happens when you are young and are good. But make no mistake, he obviously loved this board. Some here were exasperated in their efforts to make him see the light, and he was as hell-bent on thwarting them as much as anything else. And then he went down guns blazing in a fit of self-destruction.
:
:I hope he finds success soon. Don't you? Really? A string of failures can lead to even more self-destruction and well, me. I could read and write before I ever set foot in a school. Did a pretty good job of destroying the 'ol noggin, didn't I? Guano occurs.
:
:I don't have a problem with his demonization here, and I'll bet he doesn't either (if he thinks about it a bit), but do not call him a Troll, that means something else entirely.
:
:He was a one of a kind, no category. Actually, this board is filled with the type.
:
:Oh yeah, one other thing should always be remembered when considering him. He was from NYC. I mean, have you ever been there? It ain't no Seinfeld episode.
:
:-Oggy
Thom Revolver, krautdiscorock from hell!

neoverse 2003-06-06 16:38

uh, yeah he was

Sorry dude, mabye he was not at first but by the end he was a worthless prick. I used to live in NYC, that ain't no excuse. The only succes I ever wished him was in finding another place to bother. You should not apologize for somone like that. he was a dick, end of story. and lest we not forget why he was banned.

blank 2003-06-06 17:11

Re: Springs was not a Troll

What is it with guys and the inclination to only remember the good bits of a bad, unhealthy relationship?

No, Springs was no troll. Springs was a misanthropic, self-important, arrogant, flaming narcissist who did not "love" this board, it was merely a suitable stage for his ego flaunting and shape shifting tricks. He could only justify his existence through mutual verbal torture.

Age and place of habitation doesn't matter. I'm confident there are tens and thousands of nice, considerate 18-year olds from NYC. Bring them on.

/Fred

lancehayes 2003-06-06 17:25

So Fred?

http://images.mp3.com/mp3s/53/resour...s/10059350.jpg
Let me see if I understand this: You miss him and don't feel too strongly about his behavior?

;-)

:What is it with guys and the inclination to only remember the good bits of a bad, unhealthy relationship?
:
:No, Springs was no troll. Springs was a misanthropic, self-important, arrogant, flaming narcissist who did not "love" this board, it was merely a suitable stage for his ego flaunting and shape shifting tricks. He could only justify his existence through mutual verbal torture.
:
:Age and place of habitation doesn't matter. I'm confident there are tens and thousands of nice, considerate 18-year olds from NYC. Bring them on.
:
:/Fred

DJ Drunken Master's all Reason Based music here

blank 2003-06-06 17:27

Re: So Fred?

: Let me see if I understand this: You miss him and don't feel too strongly about his behavior?

Yes, very much! To the point where, if PropShop sold a dartboard with his picture on it, I'd buy one, and extra arrows.

/Fred

lancehayes 2003-06-06 17:36

Re: So Fred?

http://images.mp3.com/mp3s/53/resour...s/10059350.jpg
:)
DJ Drunken Master's all Reason Based music here

neoverse 2003-06-06 18:05

well said n/t

:What is it with guys and the inclination to only remember the good bits of a bad, unhealthy relationship?
:
:No, Springs was no troll. Springs was a misanthropic, self-important, arrogant, flaming narcissist who did not "love" this board, it was merely a suitable stage for his ego flaunting and shape shifting tricks. He could only justify his existence through mutual verbal torture.
:
:Age and place of habitation doesn't matter. I'm confident there are tens and thousands of nice, considerate 18-year olds from NYC. Bring them on.
:
:/Fred

amitopia 2003-06-06 22:26

NYC people are great. He was from small town in NY State.

The guy got what he deserved. It was long overdue.

Somehow, you're identifying with him.
I don't see why...he was a rude brat.
See the other messages...blank nailed it.

amitopia 2003-06-06 22:36

BTW, Nothing wrong with small town folk either. :-) nt

He was a jerk - could've been from anywhere.