Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Professional Opinions needed (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=61258)

Nexus2003 2003-06-09 23:43

Professional Opinions needed

E-Fex 3000 (Trance Mix)

Professional Opinions needed. Tell us what you think

:ftp://ftp.propellerheads.se/pub/song...x3000tranc.rps

vanKloot 2003-06-12 20:25

Re: Professional Opinions needed

Here are my thoughts... take what you will from them.

From a Mix standpoint, many things seemed a bit out of balance. The "Scratch" sound or whatever you want to call it that comes in from time to time is, on my system at least, WAY louder than everything else and is quite startling. Also the crash cymbals leap out at a very jarring volume.

From a compositional standpoint, the track is a bit repetitive for my tastes... it didn't seem to have any key or chord change in it. Then again, being as you labeled this track as "Trance", that may be what you were going for. For myself, I like a touch more dynamics and tonal change in the music I hear, as wella s the music I dance to. Though on the flip side, I could see this track in the middle of a long-building DJ set where the DJ already has the crowd worked up. It certainly is danceable.

On thinking again, it also didn't seem to have much low end to it... had lots of bright upper-register sounds, but I don't recall much going on bass-wise. I'll need to listen to it a second time though, maybe I'll notice more the second time around.

HTH...

vK

Nexus2003 2003-06-14 01:03

Re: Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for your thoughts, we normally do our mastering/Engineering work in Sound Forge, the only problem with doing this is we can't upload the mastered version onto propellerheads (To big).

The point about being repetitive, sadly if you want to make trance music these days, it seems to have to be repetitive & long winded. The original version is more of a melodic techno mix.

The original version can be found at our website
Http://stage.vitaminic.co.uk/point_of_origin3

Unfortunatly you have to download it to hear a clear version, but the (Real player listen link) isn't that bad on quality.

Once again thanks for the views.

vanKloot 2003-06-14 05:15

Re: Thanks for the feedback

:Thanks for your thoughts, we normally do our mastering/Engineering work in Sound Forge, the only problem with doing this is we can't upload the mastered version onto propellerheads (To big).

Can yo unot just make an MP3 of it to post instead?

:The point about being repetitive, sadly if you want to make trance music these days, it seems to have to be repetitive & long winded. The original version is more of a melodic techno mix.

Well, the long winded part I agree with since you have to give DJs a lot of lead in & out time to mix with... but once you're into the maint rack, I think there's a fair amount of leeway for changing things up. But it depends on the specific area of "trance" you're going for, there are so damn many...

:The original version can be found at our website
:Http://stage.vitaminic.co.uk/point_of_origin3
:
:Unfortunatly you have to download it to hear a clear version, but the (Real player listen link) isn't that bad on quality.

I definitely want to hear it, but I am fairly strongly opposed to Real's products... I've never had anything but messy problems with them, at least on the Mac side. Is there an MP3 of it anywhere, or even an unmastered Reason song, just because I'm curious to hear the original more melodic version...?

:Once again thanks for the views.

Absolutely! that's what we're all here for right? =)

vK