Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Redrum Recording Problem (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=61474)

merc22nyc 2003-06-16 19:59

Redrum Recording Problem

Hi all, can someone tell me why I can't record my redrum kit? I can record all external midi tracks on the samplers and subtractor and malstrom but can not seem to record the redrum. Am I doing something wrong? PLEASE help I need my drums!!!!! Thanks.

RejectedMusic 2003-06-16 20:33

Re: Redrum Recording Problem

With "Record" you mean "Export as audiofile"???

If this is so, then you have to copy your patterns to the sequencer, I think...... (remember to de-activate the patterns in the ReDrum afterwards)

merc22nyc 2003-06-16 20:58

Is it possible to just copy and paste them to the sequencer? Then just deactivate the patterns in Redrum and just press record?

RejectedMusic 2003-06-16 21:38

What are you trying to record? Automation on the ReDrum?

What you need to do is : Have the midi-symbol on the lefthand side of the ReDrum sequencer line...

Then right-click the ReDrum module, and choose copy pattern to track... Remeber to set the left and right locators.

Do this for every pattern.

Then record your automation.

Then export to audio, if you need to......

merc22nyc 2003-06-16 22:34

:Yes I am trying to record the automation. Thank you for the help. I just want to record my pattern that I put in the redrum machine and this is not documented in the manual. I have done what you said, put the midi symbol in the IN column and copied the pattern, but it does not paste to the sequencer. I give up. It should be as easy as hitting copy/paste/record but it obviously is not. Thanks for your time and help. I'll keep trying to mess around with it.

What are you trying to record? Automation on the ReDrum?
:
:What you need to do is : Have the midi-symbol on the lefthand side of the ReDrum sequencer line...
:
:Then right-click the ReDrum module, and choose copy pattern to track... Remeber to set the left and right locators.
:
:Do this for every pattern.
:
:Then record your automation.
:
:Then export to audio, if you need to......

gmizavec 2003-06-16 23:14

Howdi

(sorry if you already know some of this)

here goes :

-If youre trying to just record automation on Redrum, select the lil midi simbolas RM stated, in the IN column, press record and presto...
-If youre trying to map your files to sequencer, right click somewhere on the Redrum and select copy pattern to track.De-select pattern symbol just above pattern selection, so Reason wont play Redrum's sequencer.
-If youre trying to do both, repeat the steps one after another...

try to be more precise when describing your difficulties

LAters

merc22nyc 2003-06-16 23:54

Thank you both for being so patient. I finally got it to paste. And of course it was pathetically easy. I am extremely happy. I have only had this program for a week and was able to record everything but the redrum and now the real fun can begin. You guys rock...Thanks again