Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Reload Download problem (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=62159)

boeder 2003-07-11 00:10

Reload Download problem

The Prophead support folks are on vacation, so maybe someone here has an answer. I have a license number for Recycle 2.0 and Reason 2.5, so I qualify for free Reload download. I tried it and downloaded the program no problem, and I got an email saying "here's your reload license number", but all there was was a blank space...no number. My website registration page also just has a blank space for my reload number. Any ideas?????

finorama 2003-07-11 08:51

Re: Reload Download problem

:The Prophead support folks are on vacation, so maybe someone here has an answer. I have a license number for Recycle 2.0 and Reason 2.5, so I qualify for free Reload download. I tried it and downloaded the program no problem, and I got an email saying "here's your reload license number", but all there was was a blank space...no number. My website registration page also just has a blank space for my reload number. Any ideas?????

I have the same problem. And I can't download again. It won't let me. very frustrating all this protocall for a free utility software, and when you need it you shouldn't have to wait days for support.

boeder 2003-07-11 09:49

Yeah, well, it's not the first sort of grief I've experienced with software protection. It's impossible for developers to protect the fruits of their labors in a way that's never any hassle to the legitimate user, but if they weren't constantly working to stay ahead of the software crackers and pirates we wouldn't have programs like the Prophead or Digidesign products.

finorama 2003-07-11 16:25

Very true, and I can appreciate that. I know many people who have no problem using cracked software. It's like buying tools that were stolen from someone else. I don't know how they sleep. On the other hand, if someone is on vacation at Propellerhead, it would be nice if another person was covering their watch. Michael @ tech supprot gone until Jul. 14 and the webmaster until the 25th. Wow! Many of us make our living using their software, (their) meaning MOTU,Logic,Pro tools, Propellerhead,Native Instruments, etc. We don't mind paying full pop to be registered users. Prompt response from tech support to a problem sure is nice, especially when your work is TV/Radio related with time constraints.

boeder 2003-07-11 17:36

:Well, no doubt the situation isn't 100% cool and I can imagine if your usage of these programs involves time and money constraints it's especially annoying. My take on such things has changed in the last couple of years, however. I spend about half my time in India to deal with production and quality control problems for some instruments (didgeridoos, flutes, drums) that I have made there according to my own designs. You can't even imagine physical type problems on every level of life if you've never been to India. Nothing in the realm of manufacturing or quality control ever happens right the first several times and never on time etc etc etc. This is not due to indifference or carelessness, but just the material poverty of India. They do the best they can, but too many people and too few resources makes life difficult in every way from the material point of view. However, their standards of conduct in the personal realm puts us folks from the richer countries to shame and perhaps I would have a hard time trying to decide whether they're better off with their much more cheerful, loving, and contended nature, but lots of material challenges or we're better off with our physical comforts, but lots anxieties, divorces, mental cases, psychotic crimes etc etc etc. In any case, a delay in resolving a software problem is not a big deal, though a bigger deal in your circumstances than mine.

finorama 2003-07-11 18:47

Very well spoken. It isn't the end of the world, and of course I will wait for the support without making a big stink. You do tend to expect a certain amount of professionalism when you are in a very modern environment. To your point regarding the poor, I can't agree more. I recently was in Zambia,Africa doing some outreach concerts and my church was part of starting some feeding centers there. Very humbling to be a small part of that. But you are so right. They have nothing and I mean nothing compared to the riches we have, yet their joy, I think is experienced in a depth that I won't see myself, not like they do. In a way, all of our technology has replaced some of our relationships, yet we live where we live, so we need to find some sort of balance in it all. Anyway, it's been a pleasure talking to you.
Good luck in all your work and God Bless.
fin