Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   50th Track Extravaganza! It's here...feedback appreciated. (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=62738)

Stompp 2003-07-30 12:11

50th Track Extravaganza! It's here...feedback appreciated.

old thread

adfielding 2003-07-30 17:53

Re: 50th Track Extravaganza! It's here...feedback appreciated.

Right, I'll start in my usual way by summing up the first thing I thought of when I heard this track. I thought of standing over the top of a huge valley and looking down to see everything happening down below and watching events unfold. The song intro is brilliant and sets everything up very nicely for things to come, and I simply love the flute solo at around 1:30 - it's a very touching moment and is simply awe-inspiring, and works as a great comedown from the preceeding buildup and this contrast works brilliantly. Then there's the cool bongo-stylee percussion which picks up at about 2:50, and another contrast comes into play as things seem to take a much darker tone (although I think that might just be my imagination ^__^) - but this assumption is pretty much wiped clean once the choir opens up the song - sure, I wouldn't exactly call it 'happy', but it's a very uplifting moment, and when everything went silent apart from the piano, everything seemed to be coming to a close, and the piano is used magnificently. Female voices swell, and some beautiful string arrangement finishes what is in my eyes a deeply emotional and thought provoking song on many levels. I could listen to this song for hours and hours and just let my mind run amok. I'll sum up my opinions in two words - awe inspiring. A clear 10/10, 5 stars, 100%, the works - clearly a lot has been poured into the making of this song, and I simply love it.

Esin 2003-07-30 17:57

:Well it's here. I've tried to create a powerful, interesting, and varied film-score. I worked on this from about 10:00pm to around 7:00am this morning. I've tried to re-introduce the emotion that people have suggested has been lacking from my my recent film-scores. There's a link at the bottom, so if you have any thoughts or opinions, I'd love to hear.
:
:----------------------------------------------------------
:
:50 tracks, wow,- there are some people I need to thank for all the help they've given me.
:
:Quickbeam- Chris, you've always been there to give me feedback and advice regardless of whatever catastophic events you are facing. Cheers!
:
:Gwydi- thaks for the feedback, and for introducing me to some great people
:
:bonamici- working with you on the new version of Dusk was fantastic, the feedback you have given me has always been detailed and helpful, and also I've drawn a lot of inspiration from your tracks.
:
:Big T- the endless amounts of feedback you've managed to give me have helped loads, thanks!
:
:David B- I was completely inspired to master the Redrum having listened to Mystery of the Pyramids and the great drum work you did in that, thanks for the feedback too!
:
:Esin- as always, feedback from you has been helpful and kind. Much appreciated.
:
:Audiooxd- you even took the time to actually e-mail me about what you thought, which was really appreicated, thanks.
:
:DJStormez- for giving me loads of useful feedback
:
:DJCurley- for also giving me plenty of feedback, and for all of it being helpful
:
:adfielding- for inspiring me, and for giving me some very detailed and very uplifiting feedback. Cheers.
:
:DJRob- feedback from you has always been kind, yet constructive, and very useful. Cheers.
:
:DJDM- thanks loads for taking the time to e-mail about specific tracks.
:
:----------------------------------------------------------
:
:I know I've probably missed out some people, but every last word of feedback I've had has been really appreciated- thanks loads.
:
:Stompp

9 hours!-that is work ethic, my friend! Quite a serene piece, their was only one portion in the middle where i thought some editing could have benefited- the transitional portion to the middle movement. Your drum section i noticed was highly jungle-influenced,the climax was rewarding! Happy 50th, man! Its early in the morning, im going back to sleep...

Muhnochwa 2003-07-30 18:42

Hi Stompp!

I've been listening. My feedback is coming later.
It's so much to say.

cheers
bonamici

Stompp 2003-07-30 18:49

I'm blushing now...

:Right, I'll start in my usual way by summing up the first thing I thought of when I heard this track. I thought of standing over the top of a huge valley and looking down to see everything happening down below and watching events unfold. The song intro is brilliant and sets everything up very nicely for things to come, and I simply love the flute solo at around 1:30 - it's a very touching moment and is simply awe-inspiring, and works as a great comedown from the preceeding buildup and this contrast works brilliantly. Then there's the cool bongo-stylee percussion which picks up at about 2:50, and another contrast comes into play as things seem to take a much darker tone (although I think that might just be my imagination ^__^) - but this assumption is pretty much wiped clean once the choir opens up the song - sure, I wouldn't exactly call it 'happy', but it's a very uplifting moment, and when everything went silent apart from the piano, everything seemed to be coming to a close, and the piano is used magnificently. Female voices swell, and some beautiful string arrangement finishes what is in my eyes a deeply emotional and thought provoking song on many levels. I could listen to this song for hours and hours and just let my mind run amok. I'll sum up my opinions in two words - awe inspiring. A clear 10/10, 5 stars, 100%, the works - clearly a lot has been poured into the making of this song, and I simply love it.

--------------------------------------------

I'm blushing now... thanks!

Stompp

Stompp 2003-07-30 18:50

"9 hours!-that is work ethic, my friend! Quite a serene piece, their was only one portion in the middle where i thought some editing could have benefited- the transitional portion to the middle movement. Your drum section i noticed was highly jungle-influenced,the climax was rewarding! Happy 50th, man! Its early in the morning, im going back to sleep..."

Thanks Esin- hope you slept well!

Stompp

Stompp 2003-07-30 18:51

:Hi Stompp!
:
:I've been listening. My feedback is coming later.
:It's so much to say.
:
:cheers
:bonamici

-------------------------------------------

I look forward to it!

Stompp

dberthelo 2003-07-30 21:57

This one really works well on me, I really like very much the drum progression, then even more when the strings join in over the drums. And the ending beautifully quiet and powerful. That would work on a movie like braveheart (drums for the fight sequence, the ride on horses, the strings kicking in near victory, and strings alone for the zoom out of the scene, with the thoughts of the main actor...) See it works well I even see the movie when I listen to it ;)

By the way I'm honored to have inspired you in my redrum programming ;)

Keep up the good work,

David.B

Stompp 2003-07-30 23:06

:This one really works well on me, I really like very much the drum progression, then even more when the strings join in over the drums. And the ending beautifully quiet and powerful. That would work on a movie like braveheart (drums for the fight sequence, the ride on horses, the strings kicking in near victory, and strings alone for the zoom out of the scene, with the thoughts of the main actor...) See it works well I even see the movie when I listen to it ;)
:
:By the way I'm honored to have inspired you in my redrum programming ;)
:
:Keep up the good work,
:
:David.B

-------------------------------------------

Thanks. You did an amzing job with every aspect of Mystery of The Pyramids though. Seriously great stuff. Cheers for the feedback.

Stompp

Muhnochwa 2003-07-31 00:33

From bonamici

:Hi 50th Stompp!

First I want to salute you for catching that beautiful theme. I don't think I ever heard that chord setting before.

The beginnig is... Perfect! I like choir and strings.

When the flute part comes I don't really find the guiding melody to what is to come. Try to develop the line that you hit on the flute immediately before the drums comes in.

The drum part lifts me to high altitudes, as well as the actual theme. It's so cheerful, smooth, loving, living, sad (in a positive way) and honnest.
A feeling of standing outside our selves (humanity), watching our selves from another place in another world, occure.

Congrats to a great 50th job Stompp!

cheers
bonamici