Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Reason 3 suggestions ... yet again... (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=63003)

matrixmillion 2003-08-08 11:41

Reason 3 suggestions ... yet again...

Ok. So here's my thing. Your all asking for sequencer this, sequencer that, etc.. etc ...

But Reason emulate a real hardware studio ... so we should be thinking "what does your average everyday studio have, that Reason doesnt?"

I cant come up with much, but here are my suggestions.

Improved Filter Device - Scream 4's cousin, *Filter 5*
Improved Delay Device - Updated Delay with loads of control over each delay, multiple layers of delays n the like

Improved CV Router - Plug it in on the back. On the front are two simple pull down menus. One for input, one for output. (not sure how this would work, but it would be cool to route stuff to other stuff that doesnt have cv inputs, just to do it via mouse commands!)

New synth based on a famous hardware synth, or really innovative hardware synth: Korg Wavestation in your Reason rack anyone? Access Virus anyone?

Just dreamy suggestions i know, but its nice to keep in touch with childhood fantasies :)

random 2003-08-08 12:27

Re: Reason 3 suggestions ... yet again...

I've been dreaming of the same things, almost.. Heres the feature suggestions I sent a while back :)

1) a stereo width knob on the unison device
2) spectrum analyser in the vocoder active also in eq mode
3) better compressor/limiter with sidechain input and better metering etc.
4) new filter module with 'analog sounding' filters and hpf
5) three band eq on the mixer
6) a new monster synth ;)

I'm happy though with the current delays and routing.. :)

mikemidi 2003-08-08 13:49

Virtual velcro cable ties and a Granular Rex/Sampler. nt.

blank 2003-08-08 16:32

Re: Reason 3 suggestions ... yet again...

:Improved Filter Device - Scream 4's cousin, *Filter 5*

Due to the nature of a filter, maybe Strangle 5 or Choke 5 suits the horror flick theme better. ;-)

/Fred

amitopia 2003-08-08 17:45

Re: The Strangler

::Improved Filter Device - Scream 4's cousin, *Filter 5*
:
:Due to the nature of a filter, maybe Strangle 5 or Choke 5 suits the horror flick theme better. ;-)
:
:/Fred

Well Scream 4 worked, as a play on 'Scream for', but what's 'Strangle 5', or anything 5, for that matter. Unless it's 5 of something, or a sequel to 4. But I do think you're onto something... 'The Strangler' would be a great name for a filter.

amitopia 2003-08-08 17:49

A *killer* Filter...nt

mlabs 2003-08-08 19:13

modulation of Spider merge amounts...

instead of those knobs on the back of the spiders which regulate the amount of signal x that goes into the resulting merged channel, there should be CV inputs which regulate the amount.

did that make sense?

well at least I finally managed to reply rather than post a new message.