Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Drum Synth! (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=67270)

bassbird 2003-12-15 23:32

Drum Synth!

A drum Synth Module much like Tonic or Tomcat from Orion Pro.

Jorim 2003-12-16 13:18

uTonic sounds exciting

I checked out the demo and it's sounds really cool. If only it could be introduced into Reason this world would be a better place. I don't care much about Cubase or other sequencing software with VSTi capabilities, because their interface is not as intu

ziroks 2003-12-16 16:59

Re: Drum Synth!

I agree, this item is one my list as well.

I have not heard the uTonic yet, but I have used Attack! in the past and was quite pleased with the results.

A Drumsynth in Reason would make the setup almost complete!

vuture 2004-01-05 08:40

Re: uTonic sounds exciting

I have the uTonic and it would be a perfect fit to have in Reason. It is very cool and would be better served to be integrated to Reason.

Sipher 2005-04-04 17:02

yea that would be handy instead of having to link multiple malstroms or subtractors together.

popsicko 2005-04-09 10:50

I bought uTonic while drunk one night. I've used it on every track I've written since. It's awesome! I don't use the preset kits, I load the individual drum patches and tweak them. I'm not a big fan of the sequencer either. I tend to use Live4 instead. Fun.
-b

Dogboy1973 2005-04-09 14:46

"yea that would be handy instead of having to link multiple malstroms or subtractors together."

I think the need for a dedicated drum synth has been reduced somewhat by the Combinator. Now you could build an entire kit of drum sounds from the Subtractor & Malstrom & assign each sound to it's own key or range on the keyboard. This solution could be far more powerful than a dedicted drum synth.

I still think a drum synth could be a good idea but not strictly nescessary for the reasons i've given above. I think a new synth would be far more welcome. Either an improved VA (Subtractor 2 anyone?) or a new type of synthesis for Reason like an FM synth. An FM synth would be really cool in Reason as it would provide a new way of creating sound & would have the potential to produce a wide range of new sounds.

Sipher 2005-04-09 15:00

yea an fm synth would be great or updates to the malstrom and subtractor, both do good drum sounds but their not allwas fast enough to really get the hard fast drum sounds out of em.

guide0 2005-04-12 21:44

Re: uTonic sounds exciting

I am very close working with Magnus and i can already tell you that he is working on V2.
Main improvements: multiple outs and MIDI support to name the most important.
Check out the website www.soniccharge.com in the coming months.

r2101 2005-04-12 23:16

stomper and drumsynth are two very nice little pc apps for rendering drum wavs... stomper is particulary nice for that harder oomph stuff ;)

yea an fm synth would be great or updates to the malstrom and subtractor, both do good drum sounds but their not allwas fast enough to really get the hard fast drum sounds out of em.