Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   NN-XT: "Play Mode" changes only one sample at a time :( (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=71185)

anthro94 2004-04-20 07:57

NN-XT: "Play Mode" changes only one sample at a time :(

I do A LOT of sample programming with the NN-XT and I frequently import whole groups of samples. The "play mode" knob chooses how the samples will be played. For example, you can choose if the sample plays forward, backward, looped, etc. The user must set this preference individually for each sample. This is really inefficient and tedious. You can?t select a group of samples and choose their play mode.

Example: Lets say you import 88 release samples into the XT for an electric piano patch and you need to set all of them to FW-SUS. Guess what, you have to set the play mode individually for each of the 88 samples. You can?t highlight the whole group of samples and change their play mode all together. That'll take a while!

Or, as a special effect, you want to switch every sample in your patch to play backwards. You can?t do this quickly; you will have to switch each sample individually.

Props, please change the play mode selector so it can change the play mode of more than one sample at a time.

Thanks,
-A

sl4TM 2004-05-07 16:22

Agreed. (n/t)

http://homepage.mac.com/sl4/.Pictures/wink.jpg
I do A LOT of sample programming with the NN-XT and I frequently import whole groups of samples. The "play mode" knob chooses how the samples will be played. For example, you can choose if the sample plays forward, backward, looped, etc. The user must set this preference individually for each sample. This is really inefficient and tedious. You can?t select a group of samples and choose their play mode.
:
:Example: Lets say you import 88 release samples into the XT for an electric piano patch and you need to set all of them to FW-SUS. Guess what, you have to set the play mode individually for each of the 88 samples. You can?t highlight the whole group of samples and change their play mode all together. That'll take a while!
:
:Or, as a special effect, you want to switch every sample in your patch to play backwards. You can?t do this quickly; you will have to switch each sample individually.
:
:Props, please change the play mode selector so it can change the play mode of more than one sample at a time.
:
:Thanks,
:-A
:
sl4 dot poned dot com

meebird 2010-05-11 01:14

I fully agree. That would help.

meebird 2010-05-11 02:44

As a matter of fact several functions beneath the display of the NN-XT should be effected in zones...the outputs for instance, reverse, etc. It is as easy as selecting zones. Why not allow zone control to be universal for everything in the remote editor?

artsandrules 2010-05-12 02:39

This seemed surprising to me. I tested with the NNXT, loading a bunch of samples and then selecting all of them, and the "Play Mode" knob changes all selected samples. I don't have to repeat this for each sample. The same is true for the rest of the knobs under the sample area.

If the functionality is indeed different, it could be that I'm using NNXT through Record, and not Reason by itself. if that's the case, it seems likely that the behavior you want will be in the next release of Reason.

propsiman 2010-05-12 19:24

you need not change this for each sample individual in NNXT since Reason 4. Maybe anthro94 is on an earlier version of Reason.

selig 2010-05-12 19:25

Works here in Reason 4 - are you 'pre 4.0'?

IIRC, this was one of a few minor NNXT updates included with version 4.0.

Select all zones, set playback mode to backwards (sounds really cool with the piano samples I tried it with - fun to try to play in time!). Works on all the controls in that strip from Root to Output, although you wouldn't want to do this to most of these controls since it will destroy your key splits/loops/root keys - but makes for some interesting effects!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitbotcc (Post 720128)
This seemed surprising to me. I tested with the NNXT, loading a bunch of samples and then selecting all of them, and the "Play Mode" knob changes all selected samples. I don't have to repeat this for each sample. The same is true for the rest of the knobs under the sample area.

If the functionality is indeed different, it could be that I'm using NNXT through Record, and not Reason by itself. if that's the case, it seems likely that the behavior you want will be in the next release of Reason.

phasys 2010-05-12 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by propsiman (Post 720435)
you need not change this for each sample individual in NNXT since Reason 4. Maybe anthro94 is on an earlier version of Reason.

I would say so, since the post dates from 2004.

ChrisIhao 2010-05-18 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by phasys (Post 720494)
I would say so, since the post dates from 2004.

Lol. First thing I noticed. Actually this speaks volumes about the props software. What other apps would have a 6 year old thread just continue like nothing happened, except fixing what was wrong that is :D