Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Rewire Stereo channels (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=73196)

Jeff242 2004-07-18 06:44

Rewire Stereo channels

When I rewire Reason into my host only channels 1+2 are stereo. The rest are mono. This is a pain for me because if, say, I want to use my Waves Diamond bundle ( that i just spent 2 grand on) on a Malstrom synth, that means I have to send the output of a Malstrom to channel 3 and 4(Given that the rest of my reason mix is in 1+2). All the rewire channels above 3 in my host mixer appear as mono channels, so that means in my host I have to pan 3 all the way left and 4 all the way right. Then... I have to direct the output of mono channels 3 and 4 in my host into a GROUP mixer channel that is stereo. And Finally.. I can use the group channel's inserts to use my FX.
Even though this doesn't sound too bad, it is after doing the same process for 5 more devices in a song, and doing 20 more songs.
I feel like I'm more of a computer tech. then a musician.

So my suggestion is to allow the users to "tie" and "untie" rewire channels together. That way I can decide if Channels 3 and 4 are tied to make a stereo channel or if I want then to be two seperate mono channels. That way using rewire you can either pipe 64 mono channels or 32 stereo channels into your host.

Good idea, no?

jonyo 2004-07-18 07:17

Re: Rewire Stereo channels

I believe each channel being treated as part of a stereo pair or a single mono input on the host side is totally up to the host. I think you therefore need to tell the host app to pair up rewire inputs 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, etc. Can anyone else enlighten us on this? I don't do much rewiring beyond a single stereo pair most of the time.

- R

When I rewire Reason into my host only channels 1+2 are stereo. The rest are mono. This is a pain for me because if, say, I want to use my Waves Diamond bundle ( that i just spent 2 grand on) on a Malstrom synth, that means I have to send the output of a Malstrom to channel 3 and 4(Given that the rest of my reason mix is in 1+2). All the rewire channels above 3 in my host mixer appear as mono channels, so that means in my host I have to pan 3 all the way left and 4 all the way right. Then... I have to direct the output of mono channels 3 and 4 in my host into a GROUP mixer channel that is stereo. And Finally.. I can use the group channel's inserts to use my FX.
:Even though this doesn't sound too bad, it is after doing the same process for 5 more devices in a song, and doing 20 more songs.
:I feel like I'm more of a computer tech. then a musician.
:
:So my suggestion is to allow the users to "tie" and "untie" rewire channels together. That way I can decide if Channels 3 and 4 are tied to make a stereo channel or if I want then to be two seperate mono channels. That way using rewire you can either pipe 64 mono channels or 32 stereo channels into your host.
:
:Good idea, no?

Anomecron 2004-07-18 21:44

Re: Rewire Stereo channels

Funny in Ableton Live they come as stereo pairs by default unless you selelct mono record for that input channel ......
What proggy are you rewiring into ?