Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Mylo and Rebirth on Destroy Rock N Roll (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=78598)

babarcat 2005-02-24 21:05

Mylo and Rebirth on Destroy Rock N Roll

New issue of Sound on Sound has an interview with Mylo and he states he still uses Rebirth as his 303 sounds on his tunes and recent Kylie remix. Unbelievable.

Props better jump on getting rebirth ready for OSX.

Here's a brief quote from the article on the topic ". . .only problem is I've just bought a new G4 laptop and they don't do Rebirth for OS X yet."

C'mon Props, help a guy out!

babarcat 2005-02-24 21:09

More Mylo - this time on Reason

Another quote:

"It (the album Destroy Rock n Roll) was constructed out of samples, and the keyboard parts and drum parts and bass lines were all just created in Reason and recorded as loops in Pro Tools."

How cool is that?

New issue of Sound on Sound has an interview with Mylo and he states he still uses Rebirth as his 303 sounds on his tunes and recent Kylie remix. Unbelievable.
:
:Props better jump on getting rebirth ready for OSX.
:
:Here's a brief quote from the article on the topic ". . .only problem is I've just bought a new G4 laptop and they don't do Rebirth for OS X yet."
:
:C'mon Props, help a guy out!

rpugwash 2005-02-24 21:32

psst... (it will still run under classic!) but not official

:
:Props better jump on getting rebirth ready for OSX.
:
:Here's a brief quote from the article on the topic ". . .only problem is I've just bought a new G4 laptop and they don't do Rebirth for OS X yet."
:
:C'mon Props, help a guy out!

although the CD insert request is a bit of a pain...

rebirth STILL rocks!

btw...

the props are very tight-lipped on the subject of new products (and who could blame them!) but whilst there is no OS X version, the v2.01 will run fine provided you do the following... (at least it works for me anyways)

you do have to make sure it is assigned enough memory (you do this by choosing 'get info' for the actual rebirth app file and selecting minimum and maximum memory amounts - try 32MB max - plenty!)
its worth buying this program as that gives you full mod support. im still trying to make my own... its just time; you know!

i got mine for 50 GBP ex display model. muhahaha fools!

make the fashion fever work for you, baby ;-)

peace
rp

babarcat 2005-02-24 22:52

Re: psst... (it will still run under classic!) but not offic

::
::Props better jump on getting rebirth ready for OSX.
::Here's a brief quote from the article on the topic ". . .only problem is I've just bought a new G4 laptop and they don't do Rebirth for OS X yet."
::C'mon Props, help a guy out!
:
:
:although the CD insert request is a bit of a pain...
:
:rebirth STILL rocks!
:
:btw...
:
:the props are very tight-lipped on the subject of new products (and who could blame them!) but whilst there is no OS X version, the v2.01 will run fine provided you do the following... (at least it works for me anyways)
:
:you do have to make sure it is assigned enough memory (you do this by choosing 'get info' for the actual rebirth app file and selecting minimum and maximum memory amounts - try 32MB max - plenty!)
:its worth buying this program as that gives you full mod support. im still trying to make my own... its just time; you know!
:
:i got mine for 50 GBP ex display model. muhahaha fools!
:
:make the fashion fever work for you, baby ;-)
:
:peace
:rp

great hint - thanks!