Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Does this piss you off? (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=81263)

Ogggy 2005-05-05 05:20

Does this piss you off?

Often when I answer a question, I talk like I'm talking to a newbie. I don't mean to be "talking down"-far from it-many newbies are more talented than me, and I don't want to be patronising anyone. But I know that many here are very, very experienced, and very talented.

If this pisses you off, my apologies, but this one may take me a while. Something about my internal wiring.

-Oggy

I'm quite the mediator at work-every man thinks he can do a relatively simple construction type job better than any other. I don't try to emulate people I'm not, but I'm approachable, liked, and respected, even as nearly the low man on the totem pole-a strange situation! Once again, thanks to all of you HERE that got me there where I can talk to people now. No foolin. Ah well, the 10hr days will end soon, and the 5 o'clock wake up :-/ Now the search begins again, urrgg. I'm welcome to go with them, but that's months away. I can't even afford Ola's great CD (Leem loves it-"damn, how many shows have we seen like this!")(and I'm DAMN sure not sucking up-we don't like each other-but who really knows since everything is done by implications)I can do so many things well, and am apparently unemployable in almost any position. I don't want to go back to trucks, for many reasons. The two big ones are health and you know what I'll be doing while driving down empty roads. I'm trying to do the right thing.

jzeigler 2005-05-05 18:11

???

dude we all struggle but just WTF are you talking about? maybe you should stick to music and not philosophy, or did I miss the point?

GMoney86 2005-05-06 03:37

Re: ???

I don't know man, it seems you are over looking the problem. I think it might be that you are clinically insane...Those are not deep thoughts, but just schitzophrenic thoughts. If your looking for answers to whatever the hell it is your asking, then try your local psychiatrist.

jarasama 2005-05-06 04:38

that's too cruel really, don't you think?

oggy's usually completely lucid. the post sounds to me like it was written on a rough day. kind of shi**y to laugh in someone's face, kick them when they're down and call them deranged don't you
think? give a guy a break......
j.

touboul 2005-05-06 04:46

This is a forum for people wanting to learn about Reason and creating music. You should consider other peer to peer forums where your insanity is welcomed and shared.

jarasama 2005-05-06 05:17

man. what makes these responses just so reprehensible is the fact that he was pretty much just thanking this community, and it is a community, not just a forum, for being cool with him, for being a cool bunch of people, in general.
and you all decide to go and pounce on the guy. oggy's been round here a long time, and helped a decent amount of people out on more reason related things, which is more than can be said for any of you.

you in particular strike me as the kind of guy who thinks its deserved and even amusing to spit on homeless people when they ask you for money, or gets a charge out of kicking three-legged stray cats.
why don't you go find a forum where your
total lack of normal human empathy is welcomed and shared?

"This is a forum for people wanting to learn about Reason and creating music. You should consider other peer to peer forums where your insanity is welcomed and shared."

touboul 2005-05-06 05:58

Let me remind you j. Its about sharing info and experiences related to Reason products.what do you expect to get when you buy milk? the shopkeepers story of he's alcohol addiction? There is a time and place for everything, i don't disprove of issues we have, just when and where we decide to manifest it.

jarasama 2005-05-06 06:31

thanks, but you don't need to remind me of anything.
anyone whose been around here for a while knows that the subject isn't always kept strictly to reason or other pheads products. some people don't mind this so much, others do. either way, who are you- newly appeared and self-appointed topic cop? my point is that oggy's been round here for a number of years and has been a valued member of this community. so to me your attack on him seems a bit harsh- as i said, like kicking a guy when he's down. of course, if i had just recently appeared here, as you seem to have, maybe i would be fine with that too. probably not.

and no, i don't expect to have to hear about a shopkeepers alcohol or heroin or whatever addiction when i go buy milk from the corner bodega. but if he does choose to do so (something i would not of course prefer) should i tell him to to shut his filthy junkie yellow toothed yap and just give me my f*ing milk, or say look man, whatever, just give me the milk would you? or would it be better to show a little humanity, symapthize with him for a second or whatever and then go on your way? i guess that's just too much huh?

anyway, your alky-milk vendor analogy doesn't hold up anyway. like i said, this is a community, as you would know if you'd been here a while- its not completely impersonal business transaction. that shouldn't really be the model to emulate here should it?

Let me remind you j. Its about sharing info and experiences related to Reason products.what do you expect to get when you buy milk? the shopkeepers story of he's alcohol addiction? There is a time and place for everything, i don't disprove of issues we have, just when and where we decide to manifest it.
:

2005-05-06 06:47

Re: Does this piss you off?

i feel yah Oggy. ill be homeless and under a bridge before ill work at another stupid customer service job. do what you love. i cant bring myself to work at a retail job ever again, even if they say like 20 bucks an hr ill say heck no. thinking about it makes me sick foreal, thats how much i dont like working with the general public. dont need to call me anti-social, lol ill be the 1st one to tell you i am hahah!

touboul 2005-05-06 07:13

Ok fair enough, i am new to this forum so i guess i need to be more flexible Towards others, otherwise there's no point, so my apologies. I'm not here to police anyone..just to see what people think of Reason and any other related topic.
I am running Cubase SX and Reason Demo using Rewire protocol. However, i receive audio into cubase(i hear it) but does not appear in the audio channel so i can record Reason. This seems to be automatic and it should work. I say this because When you create a VST instrument within Cubase SX and then add an audio track, playing the instrument level does appear in the audio track for level calibration and recording, even though the VST inputs say IN1 +IN2(my soundcard input).I am assuming here that you may be familiar with Cubase SX. Could you shed any light on this?. My other options are 1)export the midi file relating to the audio(when its exported, Cubase converts the file to audio), and re-import it - which is a pain. Option 2 is to take the output of the soundcard and route it back to its own input (live input)IN1+IN2.I don't like this idea because of oscillation and feedback, which may mess things up.Cheers T