Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Gear lust? (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=88986)

Ogggy 2006-03-19 21:55

Gear lust?

blank 2006-03-19 23:04

Re: Gear lust?

"...a device that can transform external audio signals into voltages to manipulate other sound sources. If you want one, it will cost you $49,000."

Heh. I think I'll stick to Reason's CV/Gate for $0.00.

doinky 2006-03-20 02:24

I clicked on the moroder link...what's a mail pooch?

What is that thing behind him?

dawelo1958 2006-03-20 02:54

I'm waiting to get one of these!

dawelo1958 2006-03-20 02:56

Re: I clicked on the moroder link...what's a mail pooch?

: What is that thing behind him?

It's a thermometer that advises us to "Chew Mail Pouch Tobacco". I'm sure that's just what it tastes like!

Ogggy 2006-03-20 07:58

Yah, nice pic. n/t

: What is that thing behind him?

Ogggy 2006-03-20 08:01

Re: I'm waiting to get one of these!

You're just teasing us trying to get somebody to say the ...rack joke again.

-Oggy

doinky 2006-03-20 16:10

Why don't you just try Air traffic control instead

You got the lust for buttons?

Only thing different is they have a screen and you have to bark out orders. No singing though, pilots frown on that.

Cheers! :)

havone 2006-03-21 04:53

You know, I often see these huge modular synth setups, but I don't think I've ever heard ONE song made on one of these systems. I'd be really interested to hear some stuff, or better yet SEE how someone works with these. So far it seems to me, that guys build these out of a fascination with rhythmic electronics and not so much for the creation of music. I know I gotta be wrong in that assumptiom and that's why I'm curious. I don't understand spending the amount of money those things cost, not to mention the space they take up, and not making music like a madman with them. I know there are a few sources out there for building your own, and those who sell built units. Please enlighten me, who's using these? Where can I hear some complete works?

dawelo1958 2006-03-21 14:31

: You know, I often see these huge modular synth setups, but I don't think I've ever heard ONE song made on one of these systems. I'd be really interested to hear some stuff, or better yet SEE how someone works with these. So far it seems to me, that guys build these out of a fascination with rhythmic electronics and not so much for the creation of music. I know I gotta be wrong in that assumptiom and that's why I'm curious. I don't understand spending the amount of money those things cost, not to mention the space they take up, and not making music like a madman with them. I know there are a few sources out there for building your own, and those who sell built units. Please enlighten me, who's using these? Where can I hear some complete works?
:

The Beast lives at twelfthroot.com. I found the site looking around for info on the Kyma synth. I'm on a non-audio computer (at work) but the site has some audio samples.
Twelfthroot