Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Change your cables for better sound!!!!! (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=89294)

dubaifox 2006-04-01 12:19

Change your cables for better sound!!!!!

Many people complain about the thin, tinny and low-res sound of Reason 3.0.

I have found a solution. The patch cables used to connect the mixer and audio devices are poorly shielded and of low grade. There are also some quality control issues with these stock cables and connectors.

It was recommended to me to change the cables with higher quality ones and my gosh, you wouldn't believe the difference. I now hear such amazing detail and clarity with all of the samples I load into Reason. If you want your Reason tracks to have that pristine sound of a sample library that cost's 10 times what you paid for Reason then change the audio cables! It was worth every penny and several of my clients , while not being able to identify why, have said my music "just sounds better."

PM me if you want me to email you the PDF file that tells you how to do this simple, inexpensive procedure.

omnyc 2006-04-01 14:17

Re: Change your cables for better sound!!!!!

monster cables rock i have noticed the difference with my R3.04...i also suggest to upgraded the cables best dinero you can spend...

peace :D
mike

: Many people complain about the thin, tinny and low-res sound of Reason 3.0.
:
: I have found a solution. The patch cables used to connect the mixer and audio devices are poorly shielded and of low grade. There are also some quality control issues with these stock cables and connectors.
:
: It was recommended to me to change the cables with higher quality ones and my gosh, you wouldn't believe the difference. I now hear such amazing detail and clarity with all of the samples I load into Reason. If you want your Reason tracks to have that pristine sound of a sample library that cost's 10 times what you paid for Reason then change the audio cables! It was worth every penny and several of my clients , while not being able to identify why, have said my music "just sounds better."
:
: PM me if you want me to email you the PDF file that tells you how to do this simple, inexpensive procedure.

Sipher 2006-04-01 15:21

Re: Change your cables for better sound!!!!!

i use moogami and neutrik connectors, huge diffrence in sound, also cheaper if you buy the cable and connectors in bulk. and just solder away, neatly of course.

dawelo1958 2006-04-01 15:32

You're not paying attention!

"The patch cables used to connect the mixer and audio devices..."

;o)

MElder100 2006-04-01 17:24

Re: You're not paying attention!

: "The patch cables used to connect the mixer and audio devices..."
:
:
: ;o)

Are you taking the ****?

dubaifox 2006-04-01 17:46

: You also want to disable the cable animation feature when you TAB to see the back of the rack. This can cause the connectors to come loose from the cabeling.

I had a Maelstrom patch that was only coming through the left channel, and it turned out that one of the cable jack had come loose because I do have the habit of checking the back of my rack about every five minutes or so to see where my misplaced tweezers and coffee mugs might be.

Very hard on those flimsy cables.

dawelo1958 2006-04-01 18:45

: : You also want to disable the cable animation feature when you TAB to see the back of the rack. This can cause the connectors to come loose from the cabeling.
:
: I had a Maelstrom patch that was only coming through the left channel, and it turned out that one of the cable jack had come loose because I do have the habit of checking the back of my rack about every five minutes or so to see where my misplaced tweezers and coffee mugs might be.
:
: Very hard on those flimsy cables.

There is also some preliminary evidence that use of the Hide Cables option can have undesired effects. It seems that when cables are made invisible and then made visible again that a certain amount of the cable fails to reappear.
At the present time it is believed that only a microscopic amount is lost each time. The concern is that over time the effect may become cumulative.

Some users who have been with Reason since 1.0 report significant loss of signal strength.

Registered owners who have any concerns can send the suspect cable to Propellerhead Support for a free (S&H not included) replacement.

omnyc 2006-04-01 20:59

i try not to mess around behind the rack to much these days. i once got electrocuted while trying to route my redrum thru the vocoder into the subtractor. don't worry tho i am ok...i think don't it caused to damage much. and the blue light that shot across the room was sick! i wish i was videotaping could of made a cool music video effect. anyway.

what were we talking about?

: : You also want to disable the cable animation feature when you TAB to see the back of the rack. This can cause the connectors to come loose from the cabeling.
:
: I had a Maelstrom patch that was only coming through the left channel, and it turned out that one of the cable jack had come loose because I do have the habit of checking the back of my rack about every five minutes or so to see where my misplaced tweezers and coffee mugs might be.
:
: Very hard on those flimsy cables.

RadShannon 2006-04-03 01:16

Magic

: i try not to mess around behind the rack to much these days. i once got electrocuted while trying to route my redrum thru the vocoder into the subtractor.

I thought I was the only one......

my personal bad expirence was spilling a full 40 of Olde English on my NNXT...I let the magic smoke out and now it won't work :( . or the time my Dog urinated on my Remix's power supply and became an ash cone...

But as far as sound quality...oh yes I agree with above about replacing connectors and such in good order...And it serves the Props right for being caught doing sneaky things. (HEHEHEHHEHE)

-Radshannon

Marando 2006-04-03 01:54

I did an awesome mod, I made it all digital!!

Yes, it whas hard work, but I have made a digital modification. Now I don't have to worrie about noise anymore. Only problem is that those digital cables are not very flexible and they are kind of expensive. And in my latest setup, I need about 100+ cables, so yeah, it has it's disadvantage. :(