Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   trance fans i just published a new song looking for feedback (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=95598)

JJStyles311 2007-02-22 07:09

trance fans i just published a new song looking for feedback

Hello all trance fans. I just finished my first song for 2007 and i am looking for some honest opinions . I am pretty excited about this song and if anyone is interested in colaberating on a remix or a entire new project i would love to here from yah. Other than that i am just looking for likes and dislikes about the song so check it out and hit me back at my email djvalor@msn.com. You can find it in the song archive. The song title is XTC by djvalor so check it out.

2007-02-22 18:59

Re: trance fans i just published a new song looking for feedback

where exactly is this tune?

Grumbleweed 2007-02-22 21:15

Read what the man said!

: where exactly is this tune?

There's a clue in the text.

2007-02-23 01:18

Re: Read what the man said!

: : where exactly is this tune?
:
: There's a clue in the text.:

:::You can find it in the song archive::

Got Ya!

JJStyles311 2007-02-23 01:48

: where exactly is this tune?

Just go to the song archive search for djvalor(artist) and xtc (song title)

sceyefeye 2007-04-26 15:52

Re: trance fans i just published a new song looking for feed

But more importantly than where it is, is of course what do you think about he tune?

Ok it isn't specifically - I prefer full on or psy trance (been listening to Goa, Psy etc for about 10 years).

This is a very nice down tempo sound that you have going. I love the intro, excellent sounds, pitch shifts and a sprinkling of electronic and mechanical sounds.

Very nice sound of the subtractor through the unison coming at about position 3 (damn this lack of absolute time signature in the sequencer). It gives a beautiful dreamy sound.

You might want to bring up the kick a bit harder and crisper? Then it is more down tempo so perhaps I am smoking something.

Your NN-XT 2 should perhaps have come in at position 129 (just a bit sooner than it does - at least that was where I was expecting it).

But dude you gotta do a lot more work on this, just as it is getting going you have ended it :( Would like to have heard this going on a couple more minutes.

I would say that you need to finish the composition and then work on the levels for a mix down

Nice work so far

sceyefeye 2007-04-26 15:54

Excuse the repeat, I left out half a sentance before :o

: But more importantly than where it is, is of course what do you think about he tune?

Ok it isn't specifically my cup of tea - I prefer full on or psy trance (been listening to Goa, Psy etc for about 10 years).

This is a very nice down tempo sound that you have going. I love the intro, excellent sounds, pitch shifts and a sprinkling of electronic and mechanical sounds.

Very nice sound of the subtractor through the unison coming at about position 3 (damn this lack of absolute time signature in the sequencer). It gives a beautiful dreamy sound.

You might want to bring up the kick a bit harder and crisper? Then it is more down tempo so perhaps I am smoking something.

Your NN-XT 2 should perhaps have come in at position 129 (just a bit sooner than it does - at least that was where I was expecting it).

But dude you gotta do a lot more work on this, just as it is getting going you have ended it :( Would like to have heard this going on a couple more minutes.

I would say that you need to finish the composition and then work on the levels for a mix down

Nice work so far

Motosua 2007-05-01 05:08

Well it's better than anything i'm making right now that's for shure, just a newb :). the only comment I will make is that I hear a lot of Trance artist seem to have the same notes over and over again in there songs, I usally strese that they need to break free of this and let the music create itself naturally and have a sense of flow.
which is what i'm experimenting with right now. Overall a great peice I hope you ejoyed playing it as much as I have in listening.
:))

2009-05-10 23:22

how do i get to the song archive? sorry, new to the propellerhead forum/website

Also, super simple question if you can answer: how do I edit the song length/ number of bars in a song??? i found it once but cant seem to figure out how anymore. Thanks.