Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Still no Propellerhead Prizes... (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=96951)

dtrain 2007-05-14 04:26

Still no Propellerhead Prizes...

I won the "Plain Huge" Propellerhead sound contest waaaaay back in December. I received all of my prizes but one... the Microsoft Zune. I've been in contact with the Propellerheads about the situation and they've assured me on several occasions that "it's coming" and "we'll contact our Microsoft rep right away" or something to that effect... but yet here we are almost 5 months later... and still no prize!!!! Further more, I am now being ignored by my Propellerhead contact (I should note that i've only sent him one email a month about this... so it's not like I'm nagging or being impatient).

They are the ones that created the contest... they picked the winner... and they promised the prizes... so what gives?

I'm very grateful for the prizes I did receive, and I've let them know that in each email I've sent.

At this point I'd have to call the contest a sham!

Props... it's time to save face... You promised me a prize... and I expect to receive it. I didn't want to air this dirty laundry... but I had no choice seeing as how I am being ignored.

VERY Disappointed,

-d

admin 2007-05-14 09:26

Re: Still no Propellerhead Prizes...

: Hey,

I'm very sorry for this as you know. However these things are always easier to solve outside of a public forum where I won't comment on things that may involve third parties etc.

I'll email you and let's sort this out outside of this forum.

Best,
Tage Widsell

: I won the "Plain Huge" Propellerhead sound contest waaaaay back in December. I received all of my prizes but one... the Microsoft Zune. I've been in contact with the Propellerheads about the situation and they've assured me on several occasions that "it's coming" and "we'll contact our Microsoft rep right away" or something to that effect... but yet here we are almost 5 months later... and still no prize!!!! Further more, I am now being ignored by my Propellerhead contact (I should note that i've only sent him one email a month about this... so it's not like I'm nagging or being impatient).
:
: They are the ones that created the contest... they picked the winner... and they promised the prizes... so what gives?
:
: I'm very grateful for the prizes I did receive, and I've let them know that in each email I've sent.
:
: At this point I'd have to call the contest a sham!
:
: Props... it's time to save face... You promised me a prize... and I expect to receive it. I didn't want to air this dirty laundry... but I had no choice seeing as how I am being ignored.
:
: VERY Disappointed,
:
: -d

Phyle 2007-05-14 10:35

Remember this is Propellerhead Software....

1 week in normal calendar equals a year of Props schedule.

Be patient!!! And don't be too dissapointed! And yea, as Tage says, these things are better resolved 'outside of a public forum'
They are not ignoring you! They are not ignoring us... It's just some Zero Communication policy or something...

Don't worry, you will probably get your price, ...some day...
And congrats on that BIG SOUND btw! ;-)
Great stuff!!!

To Props: BAD organisation....again

admin 2007-05-14 13:24

:
: To Props: BAD organisation....again

again?

dawelo1958 2007-05-14 20:00

: I won the "Plain Huge" Propellerhead sound contest waaaaay back in December. I received all of my prizes but one... the Microsoft Zune.

I think the problem probably lies with MS, but that's just how I feel about microsquish. Although time does seem to move at a different pace at Prop HQ, as well. ;-)

peace
dave.

blank 2007-05-14 20:22

: I think the problem probably lies with MS, but that's just how I feel about microsquish. Although time does seem to move at a different pace at Prop HQ, as well. ;-)

Hey I'd like to win a Zune too, though not from a Swedish company considering Zune won't be out here until Q4 2007 or Q1 2008. This must be some arrangement with the Props' U.S. headquarters - Microsquish Sweden doesn't do Zune, period!

adfielding 2007-05-14 23:24

http://www.adamfielding.com/images/adamfielding.jpg
A part of me is saddened by the fact the Zune didn't perform so well... but this is mostly overshadowed by the part of me that thinks "hahaha OMG i can't believe they made a brown one, brown is the colour of poo."

Maybe I should see someone about that.
www.adamfielding.com

chalkline 2007-05-15 00:20

: OMG i can't believe they made a brown one, brown is the colour of poo."
:

I reckon you'll get the pink one!!

doinky 2007-05-15 05:28

Microsoft doesn't understand marketing

Brown symbolizes business and geeks. Geeks like brown. Say wasn't the props sirt brown a while back. Oops! :)

adfielding 2007-05-16 15:33

Hahaha

http://www.adamfielding.com/images/adamfielding.jpg
: I reckon you'll get the pink one!!

I honestly thought you were joking, so I googled it. Imagine my surprise when I found out that they are actually releasing a pink one. My goodness... what is going on in their minds?
www.adamfielding.com