View Single Post
Old 2012-02-26, 01:18
RiverTamRocks

Recording questions: Yamaha P-155 and Reason interface

Hey,
I'm thinking of getting Reason Essentials but have a couple questions first. I want to hook up my Yamaha P-155 to the interface, then the interface to my computer, and record piano music. Then I want to record vocals and mix in other instruments from reason and make my own songs. Is this even possible with this program? Maybe I have the wrong idea. I'm not sure what kind of cable to get for one thing, and I don't know if Reason will work with this piano. My goal is to record the actual piano music, then vocals, by hooking up the piano and a mic to the Reason interface.
I'm also wondering, (if this is possible,) if I can record the other instruments directly from the Yamaha, or if the interface will only pick up the piano. I have no idea why that would be the case, but just thought I'd ask.
Thanks!

I think this picture also shows that my plan can be done but I'm not sure. And I still don't know how to actually get there. Plus I don't know what's with the midi key board AND the regular piano key board.

http://www.propellerheads.se/product...cle=tech-specs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg balance-connections-1000px.jpg (77.3 KB, 8 views)