Trigger OctoRex slots a little like in "Live"
I would like to see a way to trigger the loop slots via keyboard or controller, e.g. press a certain key to trigger slot 1 and immediately it starts playing slot 1. Press a different key (or pad or button on your controller) and slot 2 is triggered and OctoRex starts playing slot 2 back until anything else is triggered and so on.
Thus one could mimic a little bit of the feel and handling of "Ableton Live"-session view: Every OctoRex represents one track with up to 8 scenes. Use one OctoRex for each track necessary. This would be a lot of fun!
I built a workaround, but is not as simple as it could be if things were like mentioned above: 1. Create a Kong
2. Create a Combinator
3. Create an OctoRex inside the Combinator
4. Connect Kong's CV-Gate Outs of Pad 1-4 to the CV Ins 1-4 on the Combinator
5. Go to the Combinator's programmer and set the mapping like for the OctoRex: CV1 In > Slot > 1 to 1 (2 to 2 for second CV In, 3 to 3 for third and so on).
6. Press "Run" on OctoRex
7. Set "Trig Next Loop" on OctoRex from "Bar" to "1/16"
8. Play Kong's pads 1-4 as you wish to retrigger the loops as you like
Can this be done easier for using a controller/keyboard to trigger the slots?