Thread: Rewire
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-24, 13:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumbleweed View Post
Sorry, I was typing when you posted this .

Grum.
No worries. Maybe my answer is too short and does not provide any help.

@ the OP:

If you are on a Mac:

Can I use both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Reason 6/Essentials/Limited on my 64-bit Mac OS X system?

Yes, you can!

On Mac OS X, the Reason application itself includes both 32-bit and 64-bit resources. This means the program will run in 32-bit or 64-bit depending on your operating system - you don't actually need to do anything when installing the software.

It might be desirable to run the 32-bit version even under a 64-bit OS (for example if you're using Reason with ReWire and a host that only supports 32-bit ReWire). In this case, you can force the program to run in 32-bit mode in the following way:

Select the Reason application.
Select "Get Info" from the File menu in Mac OS X.
In the Info dialog, tick the "Open in 32-bit mode" checkbox.
When you now launch Reason it will run in 32 bit mode.

If you are on Windows:

Can I use both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Reason 6/Essentials/Limited on my 64-bit Windows system?

Yes, you can!

In Windows, there is a single Reason installer containing both the 32-bit and the 64-bit version. When you run the installer, it detects if you're running a 64-bit OS, and automatically installs the 64-bit version of Reason. Otherwise, the 32-bit version is installed.

It might be desirable to run the 32-bit version even under a 64-bit OS (for example if you're using Reason with ReWire and a host that only supports 32-bit ReWire). Then, you can force the installer to install the 32-bit version in the following way:

Create a shortcut of the "Install Reason.exe" file.
Right-click the shortcut and select "Properties".
In the "Target" field, add " /32" (without quotes, keep the leading space) at the very end.
Click OK.
Double click the shortcut to run the Reason installer in 32-bit mode.
Forcing a 32-bit installation this way should give the name "Reason (32)" to the desktop icon and Start menu folder.