View Single Post
Old 2012-08-18, 00:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by footwords View Post
Follow the signal flow to find where it starts distorting. Start at balance. Is the clipping indicator coming on when he sings? If so, turn down the gain.

Go into reason on the sequencer. Select the track and enable recording. Look at the meter there. Does it clip when he sings? If so, turn down the gain on balance some more.

Look at the mixer, does it clip on the mixer channel? If so, turn down the gain at the top of the channel strip and/or check any insert FX for boosting the signal.

Check the master fader? clipping? bring down the volume on everything before it get there.

Go to the rack, open the big meter and select the audio output that goes to balance. Clipping? Bring down volume on master fader or master inserts.

If you aren't clipping anywhere here, Your headphones probably just cant handle the volume level, or they're broken. Try turning down the headphone volume. Does that help? Like someone else said try to use some other headphones and see if the problem exists with those.

okies dude! wont be down there again till sunday now but when i am i'll have a go at following you instructions ive tried two different sets of headphones it is the same. but yeah ive got some things to try now thanks to you guys so i'll have a crack at them and let you know how i get on..

cheers for all the replies never been much of a forum person and weren't sure id actually get much help, but i was surprised with the amount of feedback and how quick it was so big thank you to you all!!

and like i said I'm a real rookie at this so even if i sort this im sure i'll be posting regular HELP threads until i get my head round all the software :P cheers again!. Soup