View Single Post
Old 2012-08-28, 02:35

my guitar tracks went from stereo to mono, and i no longer have sound!

As the title says, I tracked a song, 2 guitars, both hard left and right, mixed it, tweaked it, and now for some reason, I open the song, and my guitars are all wonky. The song plays fine for the first quarter, then the right guitar drops out. I looked at the waveform, and they both start stereo, then they appear to go mono, L and R... Is there a way to set the signal to either left or right without having to retrack?

I have tried setting the input/output on the back of the combi racks to L and R no luck, just no sound. I dont understand what is going on, as I said, it was fine even a few minutes ago, everything was stereo. I have tried shifting the individual guitar tracks l and r no luck either. The left guitar still plays, even when the signal changes to mono on the left. I wonder if I inadvertently did something, and if so, wtf did i do to mess it up like this?

Someone help! Lol, working on a production with a tight deadline, I dont need this, not now... lol.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! In the 4 years I have used Propellerheads software, I have never had a problem like this, and I also have an AE degree, needless to say, I am embarrassed!

I have attached a screen shot.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg STEREO TO MONO TRICKERY.jpg (20.6 KB, 9 views)