View Single Post
Old 2012-10-26, 06:56

Question Why are the Rack Extension only available for a limited time?!?

So, I've added a few REs that I picked up for free back when the were first introduced, and a few where thy dropped the price very low. However, I did have my eye on two extension were about $50-$10 per extension (no longer know remember what they were called). When I checked back about three months ago, I seem to recall that one was still there, and the other wasn't. Cash has been tight, so I was planning on picking them up once I had the disposable funds. I'm just about at that point, and now neither extension appears in the shop!

Are they just selling most of these for a limited time only? And then what do you do? What's even the point of creating a "plug-in" and then discontinuing it. Am I missing an "archive" page/button in the store where I can view all newer and earlier REs?

In ht end, I can do without any of it, and can save the money, or blow it over at the FXpansion site for new expansion packs for BFD2. Still, the tools I had my eye on would have been nice for mastering, and I see no logic in developing a product that you only end up selling for just a few months. If we were talking about something physical where one must take cost of materials into consideration, design, and other profit-eating inputs. But this is code that has already been developed for a platform that is still that latest version. I'm not going to pay more if they bring it back just because I can only have access to buy it a few times per year. One would be a fool to pay a price created by manufactured scarcity. Also, why take it down, even if it wasn't selling well. You have no floor space to monitor, and the space such items take up on a server is minimal compared to many others, unless that reasoning is somehow flawed.

Sorry, I've kind of venting, but mostly curious as to why the REs I've had my eye on aren't there any longer (one was a maximizer, I think - not recalling the other, atm). I would have purchased one this evening had one or the other had still been there.