View Single Post
Old 2012-11-14, 02:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacophony37 View Post
Ok, I was working on this massive-samples project where 7 samples where 168 or more MB each loaded onto an array of samplers, each playing at the original pitch for 1000 seconds simultaneously.
I wanted to add a few more samples of the same size but then I ran out of memory.

Assuming that I ran out of RAM I considered upgrading my PC.

I'm using a 32-bit Windows 7 operating system if that means anything concerning RAM.

I don't really want to upgrade Reason until I learn alot more about Reason 5, so I use the sampler instead of Reason 6's built-in Record.

My laptop has 4 GB. It's an Acer Aspire.

I created these samples myself using Csound.
I could have gotten acceptable results with Audacity but I find Reason more promising to come up with a better desired result.

any advice? will it cost me a bundle?
Since you're on a 32-bit version of Windows, you can't add more RAM. I mean, you can - but it would be a complete waste as a 32-bit OS can't address it.

Sorry!