I have a question, it seems that the dsp meter in reason is either not correct or its for another purpose then people seem to think. Lemme give you a breakdown of the situation:
As you can see on the screenshot above the DSP meter is filled. But the cpu usage is a mere 40% most of the time its even lower in this track that i am remixing (Original was made by Diablo75
) The limit in the settings is set to none and the multicore rendering thing is enabled aswel (i know this is problably just for the rendering part but i thought id state it anyway.).
So here is my list of questions:
1. Is reason not utilizing the cpu to the max?
2. Is reason not utilizing all the cores in my system?
3. Is the DSP meter a meter that measures capability of a sound interface?
4. Is this a posible harddisk problem (disk to slow or something?) im using 2 western digital black edition disks in raid 0.
5. Is is my ram, do i need more ?!
UPDATE: It seems to only use 4 threads?
During rendering it seems to choose a different processor. I installed a SSD and 12 gb of extra memory this didnt make any difference.
It is starting to look like this DSP thing is related to the soundboard, I am using an Projectmix IO.
P.S. Sorry about the size of the screenshot. I was not able to attach it.