View Single Post
Old 2012-12-03, 21:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgrimes View Post
Maybe Auto PDC might be harder to implement than other DAWS but I wouldn't think it is impossible.

I think we all know some extra code would be involved and would take some time for the Props to make sure everything is running smoothly and efficiently.

At some point Props will have to address this. It probably even is creating issues on the type of plug-ins that can be designed for REs. Certain VST plug-ins add a huge amount of latency (Izotope Nectar).
I don't say its impossible, just that its nearly impossible to make sense of the signal flow if it was automated. But for some things, like sidechain routings back to the channel it is indeed impossible to solve these, in other DAWs you couldn't even make a signal flow that complicated. Its no problem putting a negative delay on a channel to counter delays on that channels signal flow, just like in other DAWs. But again, thats not the only place where Reason would have to compensate. Other DAWs solely need to advance the channels and it has no implications on the signal flow.