View Single Post
Old 2013-01-03, 15:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAZM View Post
If I make a 2 Subtractor tracks and name one track Bass and the other chords. I'd like the rack and mixer names to say the same.But once you start splitting things it's a completely different subject. But i'd be happy even if they all took the name of the SOUND. At least then, when you split the redrum to mixer channels, they would be named something logical like hardkick, meatsnare,or hiperc. and as far as splitting, as it is now the line that I split to a compressor for parallel is then called the name of the last device in the chain, no?
What I'm asking for happens at the Beginning of the process. Having an orderly start makes spagetti much more manageable down the road.
If you name the tracks in the sequencer, it will reflect the naming in the Mixer and Rack. that's the easy way IMHO because the sequencer yould be, where I record stuff anyway. So while I'm at it I can name the sequencer track. If I discover I'd like to split the signal for some parallel compression I can rename both channels, still leaving the name of the sequencer track intact. If you don't rename the split channel, it will have the same name as the sequencer track. I think the way it is right now is the most flexible.
Again having the option to chose the naming convention would be great, but if they replaced the way it works now, I'd be sad, because it takes away some of the flexibility which I love about Reason.