View Single Post
Old 2013-01-08, 17:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMOMs View Post
Reason has quite the easy sample rate conversion.
you can change sample rate while your song is playing, without a hitch!
I did not understand what you were asking about originally, but I'd say with Reason samplerates are not an issue (at least in my experience). So if you do sampling, you'll want the highest samplerate, because it allows the most accurate changes with the least destruction of the sound. In other words a sound that is sampled 96000 times a second is displayed way more accurately than at 44.100 times a second. So if you do any pitching or stretching, the higher samplerates will help the accuracy of the sound.

btw. as far as I understand it is impossible to have different samplerates in Reason at the same time, as it converts everything to session rate on import automatically, plus it always uses the highest bit depth available from your interface.

Are you sure? For example I can load an nnxt factory sound bank patch which says on the nnxt display that they are 16 bit 44.1 khz and then I can load another nnxt which says my samples are 24 bit 48 khz....? Are they still converting anyways or something? That was my main issue, I havve a bunch of samples, some with different bit depths and sample rates and I am wondering if there are dangers in using them within one reason project.....