I would like to see some sort of cloud storage service associated with Reason which could provide the following:
- Online access to all your music files so that you can move from one computer to another and not have to carry and organize all of your personal song files, loops, rex files etc, etc.
- An easy way to collaborate with someone else by giving them access to selected files in your cloud storage to work on.
- One place to access ALL of your Propellerhead purchased files (Refills and full software files) and while collaborating, temporarily allowing access to these files by the collaborating party (perhaps by some sort of time limit or by giving them the option to purchase).
- When starting a collaboration and downloading the song file for the first time, all accompanying Re's needed for the song to play back, will be downloaded in a Trial state.
- When the other party synchronizes within the collaboration only the files that have either changed or been added will be up/downloaded saving bandwidth and time.
- It would also serve as a backup, protecting your files from local Hard Disc failures.
The storage could also be pre organized for all files; Refills, Rex loops, Audio loops, Thor patches, Redrum patches and recordings etc.
In theory the idea is that you should be able to access you own account from any internet connected computer and be able to access Reason and all the files (personal or purchased) without having any CDs/DVDs or portable HDD.
Let me know what you think about this.