View Single Post
Old 2013-02-10, 09:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizzybanger View Post
Have you been reading the forums because the three features I was talking about is in high demand in here. Maby not VST support any more becuase of RE. Have you seen the poll for MIDI out VST support is not a big deal for me but it is for alot of other guys. Im not really having a problem with the reason features im having a problem with the reason work flow and I personally think the new MPC studio/ren is better in the work flow department. My major problem with reason is audio editing. Everything I use in my music is sampled so I do alot of audio editing. I seen a dude sample in the MPC studio and select a option to chop it and his loop was instantly in his 16 pads all he had to do was fix the begining and end of each chop and that was that.
I've been reading here for a few years almost daily actually. I think most of those people just want Reason to be every other DAW out there. When you use another DAW and come back to Reason you understand what's really going on here. I am not saying midi out is bad just saying its not their vision. I also think its silly to buy a DAW get mad that a feature is not there that hasn't been there in 12 years and get mad at the dev for not adding it after you bought it. It hasn't been there in 12 years! Anyway I can find just as many people against a lot of these features as I can for them and that still will not change the fact that its up to Props. As far as sample based music a lot of stuff does exactly what you are describing. I was recently having the debate on to buy the Mpc Ren or not and ended up with Maschine because the Ren software is buggy as hell. Most Akai software just does not work right. Hell the Mpc 1000/2500 software was so bad and lacked so many features that a 3rd party developer developed his own OS for it lol. I don't think anyone actually uses the stock OS for the Mpc 1000/2500 they all use JJOS. Ableton Live does the chopping really well too and its just a right click option. Giest is a vst that does this by default and there is even a free version at FXpansion.com. Just throwing that out there so you don't drop $1300 on a broken drum machine.