Originally Posted by MitchBlue
if the dongle is showing up as CODEMETER on your desktop this will fix your woes
Reason doesn't see my Ignition Key!
If your Ignition Key can't be detected by either Reason or Authorizer, it can be that you are running the wrong CodeMeter kernel extension. If your Ignition Key mounts on your desktop, this is most certainly the case. This could happen if CodeMeter was installed by another application or using the CodeMeter RunTime from Wibu. Here's how to remove the old kernel extension (KEXT) and install the correct version:
- Go to your Reason application folder.
- Right-click the Reason application and select "Show Package Contents"
- Locate "CmUninstall.app" in the /Contents/Resources/ folder in the Reason package.
- Double-click "CmUninstall.app" to run the app. (You might be prompted for your Admin Password)
- Click "Remove" to remove all CodeMeter files installed by the original installer.
- When you're told that the CodeMeter Removal is successful, click "Quit" to exit.
- Launch Reason and the correct CodeMeter kernel extension will be installed.
- As this installation requires you to restart your computer for any changes to take place, you will be prompted to click "Install and Restart" .
Once you've restarted your computer, Reason and the Authorizer should be able to detect your key.
While I'm still waiting in vain for Prop to reply to my email... After 10 days, I sent my problems to WIBU, after a couple of email and log file sent to them, they come to the conclusion that the problem is that AFTER JUST A MONTH OF USE, THE IGNITION KEY IS BROKEN. Read the reply from wibu:
Dear Mr. fconfor,
Thank you for the CmDust.log. In this log we can even see a mounted CmStick with drive letter. So I had to ask if the CmStick was plugged as you create the CmDust.log.
If yes could you check the device Manager of your PC if the CmStick is properly detected as USB mass storage device?
If not then you can connect the CmStick to another PC and if the CmStick is also not recognized as USB mass storage device the we can be sure that the CmStick is damage.
In this case you should ask Propellerhead for a replacement, because ohnly Propellerhead can provide you a CmStick with the needed licenses.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian Goebel | Support & Consulting
Rueppurrer Str. 52-54
Tel: +49 (0)721 93172-15
Fax: +49 (0)721 93172-22