View Single Post
Old 2013-02-18, 00:14

Hey man! I think it is awesome that 1) you had the balls to post a song you are working on, 2) recorded your own vocals, and 3) shared it with us all. I may be saying what nobody else wants to say here (or may just be saying something that is purely my opinion), but I figured that if someone puts up a song, they probably want an honest critique; and I would only hope that someone would do the same for me. Your instrumentation and levels on this track are actually pretty solid man. Its not quite my style, but I can appreciate the vibe and the time you put into for sure. But I think the vocals honestly kill the track. Your recording quality of the vocals is great by the way! But right at 2:22 you start using auto tune. Honestly, I would either suggest auto-tuning the vocals for the entire song or maybe mess with vocoding the whole thing, because as much as I hate to say it, as the song is in its current state the vocals feel flat, monotone, and lack the "umph" to really support them being in there. Everything about the song has a very well rounded sound, but those vocals are the part that would make it hard for me to want to put it on my iPod and listen to it again. I know that is probably what you did not want to hear, but, I just wanted to be honest. I think the track has some real potential man and keep up the solid work!