View Single Post
Old 2013-03-07, 03:14

Exclamation CANNOT LAUNCH Reason, Please HELP!!!

Hello all,

I have a Macbook Pro, mid 2012 and I recently bought the Reason 6/Balance bundle, it came with Reason Essentials disc and a Reason 6 upgrade disc, as well as the balance hardware. I had previously downloaded the Reason 6.5 demo several months ago. I uninstalled/deleted the reason 6.5 version that I downloaded, then started to load the Reason Essentials software, I followed the "QUICK START BALANCE AUDIO INTERFACE" instructions accordingly and everything was fine until i tried to authorize... i received a message in a window saying i did not have any purchased rack extensions.

I then went onto my propellerhead user account and registered both the essentials and the reason 6(both registered, and show download option to the right) I tried to install the Essentials and Reason 6 from disc, they both install in my applications, when I go to launch, a popup says that "Additional installation required" followed by Reason needs to install a system extension for the Ignition Key hardware".

Options are "Quit" or "Install and restart", when I click on Install and restart, another Reason icon opens in the dock, two Reason icons are visible for only a few seconds, then both icons disappear from the dock, nothing else happens...I CANNOT LAUNCH REASON

Can someone please tell me what I need to do to solve this issue, as of right now, I cannot open Reason either essentials or (currently installed)Reason 6 which after registering my upgrade for 6, I then downloaded from the propellerhead site!

PLEASE HELP, I AM A NEW USER AND EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED, I JUST WANT TO MAKE MUSIC!!!

I have tried to install both the Essentials and Reason 6 from disc multiple times, and have (to my knowledge) uninstalled them prior to each load/install try! I have tried to look through the forums but cannot find an answer!

Thank everyone in advance!!!